The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Tanaka Business School at Imperial is certainly better regarded than the Business School at Edinburgh and would no doubt attract the top employers. However I realise the fees for Imperial are truly astronomical. If money is not a consideration then choose Imperial, however if you are on a budget then Edinburgh is certainly a fine choice and im sure you would not find too much difficulty finding a job upon graduation.

They are both excellent universities and neither is a bad choice
system49
Tanaka Business School at Imperial is certainly better regarded than the Business School at Edinburgh and would no doubt attract the top employers. However I realise the fees for Imperial are truly astronomical. If money is not a consideration then choose Imperial, however if you are on a budget then Edinburgh is certainly a fine choice and im sure you would not find too much difficulty finding a job upon graduation.

They are both excellent universities and neither is a bad choice

This is an excellent post. OP i dont know about Edinburgh but Tanaka will certainly give you as much of a boost as possible when looking for a job as the following will show: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/tanaka/corporateconnections/recruittalent/recentrecruiters
Tanaka also offers the top rated Entrepreneurial programs in the EU and if you get to take any such modules you will be involved in ACTUAL business whether its through an Imperial Innovations company or the Design London program or whatever. Also bear in mind that Imperial is second only to LSE in average starting salary of grads (it beats LSE sometimes, they are both neck and neck) with almost a 3k lead on the nearest rival and 5-6k on Oxbridge. point is dont worry too much about money, its a good investment.
Reply 3
Imperial should be your first choice....Its an amazing university and the job prospects are simply brilliant....Plus the fact you'll be in London adds to the study experience....Like solo2wolf said....Its a good investment....On the other hand Edinburgh is also one of the most prestigious universities in Britain...So job prospects from there would be pretty good as well....But in business school terms Tanaka is way better....Hope the info helps...If you decide on Edinburgh then do let me know...I'm going there for the same course this September...Cheers mate....
Reply 4
Thanks for your responses, it's all very helpful.

Latest

Trending

Trending