The Student Room Group

Sunderland artefact

My interview is coming up, but I'm not sure if my artefact is a good idea or not.

So for my artefact, I'm thinking of bringing a magnet in, and discussing how pupils can develop their scientific knowledge by testing which materials are magnetic and their maths skills by making tables and bar charts.
I'm then going to discuss how magnets are used in everyday life, such as in compasses.

Is this a good idea for my presentation?
(edited 4 years ago)
any object that you can explain confidently and can link to multiple subjects and year groups would be great! so as you've mentioned science and maths, try to think of ways that you could make activities more difficult or simpler depending on age range and ability of the class - this shows that your flexible with your ideas and thinking about including everyone!
when I had my interview, I can't remember exactly but some people brought toys such as teddy bears and playdough, some brought interactive objects such as butterfly nets and some catered to more mature students with things such as chocolate bars and ornaments.

as long as you can explain confidently how your artefact can be used in an educational setting, whether that's in a specific subject or age range, you'll be fine!

good luck with your interview :smile:
Original post by Anxiousnerd
My interview is coming up, but I'm not sure if my artefact is a good idea or not.

So for my artefact, I'm thinking of bringing a magnet in, and discussing how pupils can develop their scientific knowledge by testing which materials are magnetic and their maths skills by making tables and bar charts.
I'm then going to discuss how magnets are used in everyday life, such as in compasses.

Is this a good idea for my presentation?

Hi there,

A magnet is in line with what we're looking for, well done :smile:
Remember your interview is to demonstrate your presentation skills and how you're applying these to a classroom setting, not so much the object itself, but you'll have a lot of scope with the magnet idea!

You will have received an email that details some in-depth information on the interview process itself, but essentially it's to observe you, so try and demonstrate your skills as much as possible.

Sending you lots of luck!
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Hi there,

A magnet is in line with what we're looking for, well done :smile:
Remember your interview is to demonstrate your presentation skills and how you're applying these to a classroom setting, not so much the object itself, but you'll have a lot of scope with the magnet idea!

You will have received an email that details some in-depth information on the interview process itself, but essentially it's to observe you, so try and demonstrate your skills as much as possible.

Sending you lots of luck!
It is my turn at the interview table this year 2024.
I am planning to bring in a locally-made gyroscope to demonstrate angular momentum it possesses and the torque acting on it.

I applied for Physics Teacher training and my target student group is KS4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending