The Student Room Group

Bubbles's weight loss and wellbeing journey

Scroll to see replies

4th:

10,400 steps due to walking around town and then walked to a pub about 30/35 minutes walk away (no, no alcohol - just a diet coke!). Also did my physio exercises with a resistance band for my quad muscles.

Food/drink - 1,244 cals:

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal seeded toast with spread and marmite. Banana. Coffee.

Lunch: egg and cress sandwich. Pineapple chunks. Green tea.

Dinner: broccoli and stilton bake. 1 potato waffle. Crunchy salad. Pudding: 5 chunks of dairy milk chocolate.

Diet coke.

EDIT: forgot to do meditation :frown: I know I won't be able to remember everyday but I'd like to most days!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by BurstingBubbles
4th:

10,400+ steps due to walking around town and then walked to a pub about 30/35 minutes walk away (no, no alcohol - just a diet coke!). Also did my physio exercises with a resistance band for my quad muscles.

Food/drink - 1,244 cals:

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal seeded toast with spread and marmite. Banana. Coffee.

Lunch: egg and cress sandwich. Pineapple chunks. Green tea.

Dinner: broccoli and stilton bake. 1 potato waffle. Crunchy salad. Pudding: 5 chunks of dairy milk chocolate.

Diet coke.

How does your food and drink add up to that many cals?
Original post by Greywolftwo
How does your food and drink add up to that many cals?

To be honest I'm surprised it doesn't add up to more. I'll give you the break down of what my fitness pal says when I've entered it using barcodes:

Breakfast was 381 cals overall - bread for toast is 218, vegan spread (pure) is 53, yeast extract/marmite is 18, small banana is 72, coffee with milk is 20.

Lunch was 340. Egg and cress sandwich was 288 and pineapple chunks were 50.

Dinner and chocolate after was 523. Broccoli and stilton bake was 248. A potato waffle is 113. Salad was 23. Chocolate was 139.

The total calorie amount is a fair bit lower than I was eating before. I usually do burn at least 2000 cals a day according to my fitbit and I was eating at least that. So I am cutting back a lot on snacks and portion sizes.
Weighed myself this morning and I'm now 73.5kg. So I've lost 1.5kg since Christmas (about 3 pounds). Happy with this progress, just need to keep it going! According to my BMI I'm now actually in the healthy range (although obviously very much on the higher end at 24.8). Need to keep this up. It's motivating to see some small results so I need to hold onto that :dumbells:
Weighed myself this morning and I'm now 73.5kg. So I've lost 1.5kg since Christmas (about 3 pounds). Happy with this progress, just need to keep it going! According to my BMI I'm now actually in the healthy range (although obviously very much on the higher end at 24.8). Need to keep this up. It's motivating to see some small results so I need to hold onto that :dumbells:

I’m 77kg exactly
Today has been a nice relaxed day. Didn't get up until late so didn't have breakfast until like 11:30am (pretty late for me) and therefore my meals ended up being altered and late because of this. I'll be going to bed quite soon to try and correct my sleeping pattern before I go back to work on Tuesday, so I haven't actually been up that many hours, about 12 overall I guess :tongue:

I still made sure I got my 10,000 steps in. Myself and my girlfriend went for a nice walk around our local water sports centre lake, which was about 3 miles. We strolled so was a nice hour and a bit walk. Fitbit said I burned 474 calories during it.

Food/drink - overall 1,174 (which I know is quite low but like I say I've not actually had that many hours in my day, so been less hungry).

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal seeded toast with spread and marmite. Coffee.

Lunch: veg soup, crusty bread. A pack of snack a jacks. Green tea.

Dinner: Salmon fillet and salad. Then a row (5 chunks) of dairy milk chocolate. Green tea.
6th of January

- Slightly less walking today because it rained :frown: but did 7,400+ steps.
- Food was 1355 cals.
- Meditated which was good

Let's see how going back to work tomorrow goes :tongue:
7th of Jan (First day back at work since Christmas hols)

- 4,800 steps so far which I know is quite ****. Going to try and get outside tomorrow lunch time for a brief walk (we only get 30 mins lunch).
- 1,241 cals. Happy with this considering I used to snack a far bit at work and used to buy lunch a lot.
- Hoping to meditate just before bed :smile:

Overall happy that I've managed to keep on top of reducing calories even when back at work. I've sorted my lunch for tomorrow (turkey, salad, hummus). Going to mum's for dinner so not as in control of that but glad I'm now taking lunch to work :biggrin:

EDIT: I did remember to meditate :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Wednesday 8th of Jan:

Food: 1,534 (higher calories as I went to my mum's for dinner :tongue: )

5,045 steps, short walk at lunch. Still struggling because I have 30 mins lunch and then it's dark and often raining when I get home. Will try and do more activity at the weekend!

Thursday 9th of Jan:

Food: 1,285. I was realllly hungry when I got home from work as for lunch I had some turkey, salad, and rice cakes. But soup and crusty bread for dinner filled me up more :smile:

5,191 steps.

Friday 10th of Jan:

Food: 1,402.

7,000+ steps

So far, so *fairly* good! I'm pleased I've taken healthy lunches and not bought lunch this week. I need to think of some other healthy lunches for variety though!

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed I've either lost a bit of weight or at least not put any on :tongue:

Will hopefully go to the gym over the weekend :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
What are your favourite things for lunches? Currently I seem to be stuck in the routine of a sandwich (variety of fillings), a banana and a cereal bar / pack of crisps / other nibbley bit. It's getting a tad on the boring side!
Original post by DrawTheLine
What are your favourite things for lunches? Currently I seem to be stuck in the routine of a sandwich (variety of fillings), a banana and a cereal bar / pack of crisps / other nibbley bit. It's getting a tad on the boring side!

On Tuesday I took Chicken, rice (uncle ben's so I could heat it up at work), and veg. On Wednesday and yesterday I took chicken and salad with some rice cakes. Today I took soup and ricecakes. I really need to make some more interesting lunches, but it's about time and not wanting them to be unhealthy. I might start taking pasta and dinner left overs but just be careful about the portions :tongue:
On Tuesday I took Chicken, rice (uncle ben's so I could heat it up at work), and veg. On Wednesday and yesterday I took chicken and salad with some rice cakes. Today I took soup and ricecakes. I really need to make some more interesting lunches, but it's about time and not wanting them to be unhealthy. I might start taking pasta and dinner left overs but just be careful about the portions :tongue:

Oh I forgot Uncle Ben's rice was a thing! You have given me some good ideas :tongue:
I’ve just gone to the gym in 4 days because I was ill, I was nearly sick today as I got off the rowing machine. I can always tell when I’m not feeling well if I get lower than 7,000m in 30mins
i struggle so much with lunches, i never know what to make and i don’t really like having sandwiches as that feels like too much bread (as i have 2 slices of toast with marmite for breakfast as you do :tongue:) but i can’t always heat things up e.g soup, and sometimes it’s inconvenient to have a tub of leftovers as i don’t always get a decent gap to eat in :argh: it seems like nothing ticks all the boxes :lol: i’m impressed you’ve managed to bring lunch from home in every day!!
Original post by Protostar
i struggle so much with lunches, i never know what to make and i don’t really like having sandwiches as that feels like too much bread (as i have 2 slices of toast with marmite for breakfast as you do :tongue:) but i can’t always heat things up e.g soup, and sometimes it’s inconvenient to have a tub of leftovers as i don’t always get a decent gap to eat in :argh: it seems like nothing ticks all the boxes :lol: i’m impressed you’ve managed to bring lunch from home in every day!!

Yeah I used to have cereal and then have sandwiches for lunch. But then cereal doesn't normally fill me up for as long. And yeah when I have bread for breakfast and lunch I start feeling a bit bloated (probably psychological). What do you tend to get for lunch?

I'm so pleased to be honest. I used to bring my own lunch all the time but I got lazy :tongue: ended up buying food and often having more unhealthy lunches because of that. I'll still allow myself to buy lunch sometimes, but want it to be more of a treat than the usual. Hoping I'll notice a different in money saving too :smile:
Yeah I used to have cereal and then have sandwiches for lunch. But then cereal doesn't normally fill me up for as long. And yeah when I have bread for breakfast and lunch I start feeling a bit bloated (probably psychological). What do you tend to get for lunch?

I'm so pleased to be honest. I used to bring my own lunch all the time but I got lazy :tongue: ended up buying food and often having more unhealthy lunches because of that. I'll still allow myself to buy lunch sometimes, but want it to be more of a treat than the usual. Hoping I'll notice a different in money saving too :smile:

i found the same thing with cereal, especially porridge, i’d eat it and then 2 hours later my stomach would be growling at me. whereas now i’m having the toast and a yogurt and that keeps me satisfied for around 4 hours which is much more ideal! i tend to just have a weird mix of things. like this week i had a tesco meal deal (wrap) on monday, leftover pasta on tuesday, sausage rolls on wednesday, another wrap meal deal yesterday and i didn’t actually have anything today as i forgot. so i spend a lot of money on meal deals and often end up still having bread (though not as stodgy as actual bread) :s-smilie:

it’s definitely a good habit to get into! i reckon you’ll likely notice a change in terms of money too :biggrin:
Original post by Protostar
i found the same thing with cereal, especially porridge, i’d eat it and then 2 hours later my stomach would be growling at me. whereas now i’m having the toast and a yogurt and that keeps me satisfied for around 4 hours which is much more ideal! i tend to just have a weird mix of things. like this week i had a tesco meal deal (wrap) on monday, leftover pasta on tuesday, sausage rolls on wednesday, another wrap meal deal yesterday and i didn’t actually have anything today as i forgot. so i spend a lot of money on meal deals and often end up still having bread (though not as stodgy as actual bread) :s-smilie:

it’s definitely a good habit to get into! i reckon you’ll likely notice a change in terms of money too :biggrin:

I have bought some rolled oats to make porridge but I think I'll test it out on the weekends where I don't get quite as hungry.

I was doing the same with meal deals. That and cooked food at the canteen. I often had quiche which was yummy but lots of pastry and cheese. So I might treat myself to it every couple of weeks or so rather than most days :tongue:

I know it seems boring but a really nice salad (with things in I like) can be a nice lunch.

Please let me know if you get any new ideas that I can stole :lol:
I have bought some rolled oats to make porridge but I think I'll test it out on the weekends where I don't get quite as hungry.

I was doing the same with meal deals. That and cooked food at the canteen. I often had quiche which was yummy but lots of pastry and cheese. So I might treat myself to it every couple of weeks or so rather than most days :tongue:

I know it seems boring but a really nice salad (with things in I like) can be a nice lunch.

Please let me know if you get any new ideas that I can stole :lol:

i always hear that it’s slow release energy so keeps you full for ages but it just never works for me, maybe I don’t have a big enough bowl of it but I get so hungry very soon afterwards :frown:

convenience food is so tempting because it’s... convenient i guess :lol: it’ll be good as a treat!!

i might move more towards salads as the weather warms up - for me there’s nothing sadder than salad when it’s cold outside

likewise please :lol: i might just start making 2 portions of my dinner and having the other one for lunch the next day, depending on how repetitive that’ll be :dontknow:
11th of Jan:

Weighed myself this morning - lost a pound. Hoping to keep losing weight and noticing a difference!

Food: 1,514 cals

Steps: currently 9,500+. Went on a segway for an hour too which was good for balance I reckon :tongue:

Went to the gym: 20 minutes on the bike (just over 5 miles), 10 mins on the cross trainer, weights (3 sets of 10 reps 4kg bicep curls, 3 sets of 10 reps 2kg for tricep, 2 sets of 10 reps 8kg for shoulders), 30 sit ups, leg machines: 30 reps of 9kg and 10 reps of 14kg for quads and then 14kg for hamstrings (my knees/legs are a bit dodgy so I'll need to check with my physio about if increasing the weight is okay, I just did what was comfortable), 10 minute power walk and cool down on the treadmil. Need to chat to my physio about running, not great due to harsh impact on my knees.

About 450-500 cals burnt from the gym.

EDIT: really need to keep on top of meditation too! I'll try to remember tonight :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
11th of Jan:

Weighed myself this morning - lost a pound. Hoping to keep losing weight and noticing a difference!

Food: 1,514 cals

Steps: currently 9,500+. Went on a segway for an hour too which was good for balance I reckon :tongue:

Went to the gym: 20 minutes on the bike (just over 5 miles), 10 mins on the cross trainer, weights (3 sets of 10 reps 4kg bicep curls, 3 sets of 10 reps 2kg for tricep, 2 sets of 10 reps 8kg for shoulders), 30 sit ups, leg machines: 30 reps of 9kg and 10 reps of 14kg for quads and then 14kg for hamstrings (my knees/legs are a bit dodgy so I'll need to check with my physio about if increasing the weight is okay, I just did what was comfortable), 10 minute power walk and cool down on the treadmil. Need to chat to my physio about running, not great due to harsh impact on my knees.

About 450-500 cals burnt from the gym.

EDIT: really need to keep on top of meditation too! I'll try to remember tonight :smile:

any tips for establishing a gym routine? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest