The Student Room Group

Bubbles's weight loss and wellbeing journey

Scroll to see replies

21st Jan:

Food: 1,358 cals

Steps: 5,487
22nd Jan:

Food: 1,504 cals (Wednesday evenings I go to mum's for dinner so don't control the food!)

Steps: 5,944
(edited 4 years ago)
Thursday 23rd:

Food: 1,439 cals

Steps: 6,245
Friday 24th:

Food: 1,502 cals

Steps: 8,809
Just stepped on the scales and I'm down to 71.6kg so that's 1 and a half pounds lost this week :biggrin:

I'll be so happy once I get into the 60s in terms of kg - maybe in a few weeks!
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Just stepped on the scales and I'm down to 71.6kg so that's 1 and a half pounds lost this week :biggrin:

I'll be so happy once I get into the 60s in terms of kg - maybe in a few weeks!

Are you doing it for your health or to lose weight in general. Idk about your height but a lot of people I know are in that weight range and slim.
Original post by AmberDalia
Are you doing it for your health or to lose weight in general. Idk about your height but a lot of people I know are in that weight range and slim.

Both :smile:

I'm 5 foot 8 and female. I'm in the healthy range now for BMI but still on the higher end.
Both :smile:

I'm 5 foot 8 and female. I'm in the healthy range now for BMI but still on the higher end.

I want to be that tall 😖
Sat 25th Jan:

Really pleased with my steps today. I was active for most of the day due to bowling with friends and shopping in town. Then later walked a little way to watch the ice hockey. All together I did 17,178 steps :biggrin:

According to fitbit I've burnt over 2,800 cals. I do normally burn about 2,300 on a less active day according to it.

Food: I did have a bit more today since I've been on my feet most of it but I still chose healthier options. I treated myself to a small ish slice of carrot cake. Anyway, 1,715 cals which is still under :smile:
Reply 69
I’ll watch this for my own inspiration. 🙂 Definitely need to be healthier for my physical and mental health.
Still going well with this. Just been busy so haven't had time to update properly.

Last weekend was busy so I didn't get chance to go to the gym but I did weights at home (the same ones for biceps, triceps, and shoulders that I do at the gym). I've still been eating in a deficit in terms of calories. I'll weigh myself again soon and update. Let's hope it's continued in the right direction!
Original post by Em.-.
I’ll watch this for my own inspiration. 🙂 Definitely need to be healthier for my physical and mental health.

Definitely recommend it
Reply 72
Original post by Greywolftwo
Definitely recommend it

Especially with this virus stuff 😬
Original post by Em.-.
Especially with this virus stuff 😬

Yeah yeah
Sat 25th Jan:

Really pleased with my steps today. I was active for most of the day due to bowling with friends and shopping in town. Then later walked a little way to watch the ice hockey. All together I did 17,178 steps :biggrin:

According to fitbit I've burnt over 2,800 cals. I do normally burn about 2,300 on a less active day according to it.

Food: I did have a bit more today since I've been on my feet most of it but I still chose healthier options. I treated myself to a small ish slice of carrot cake. Anyway, 1,715 cals which is still under :smile:

2,800 calories from 17,000 steps? Wow
Original post by Pharyngotympanic
2,800 calories from 17,000 steps? Wow

Well not all from the steps - most of that is just the basic calorie burning from being alive. Apparently 2,000 steps = about 100 cals. Do you reckon less or more?
Well not all from the steps - most of that is just the basic calorie burning from being alive. Apparently 2,000 steps = about 100 cals. Do you reckon less or more?

Oh no it's just I went for a walk in the Peaks a few weeks ago and did around 18,000 steps and my watch said I only burn ~700-800. That being said, my watch isn't a fitbit. It's just a semi cheap one I go from Amazon haha.
Original post by Pharyngotympanic
Oh no it's just I went for a walk in the Peaks a few weeks ago and did around 18,000 steps and my watch said I only burn ~700-800. That being said, my watch isn't a fitbit. It's just a semi cheap one I go from Amazon haha.

Oh right yeah the actual walk was like 800 cals. The 2800 is my general calorie burning for the whole day (since we burn calories just being alive even if we're asleep/lying down) plus the steps :smile:
Weigh in: 70.8kg - down just under a kg since last week :woo:

Hoping to be down into the 60kgs in the next couple of weeks and be heading towards my goal of 64kg in the next few months :smile:
Realised I've lost 7 pounds/half a stone woo. About 1/3 through :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest