The Student Room Group

Bubbles's weight loss and wellbeing journey

Scroll to see replies

I ended up doing a 12 mile bike ride yesterday and I've done my second session of week 1 of couch to 5km today. Felt easier today but helped by the fact I went mid morning so my breakfast had gone down and I wasn't full like I was on Saturday :tongue:

Doing exercise (actual exercise that gets the heart rate up/causes me to break a sweat, and not just walking) 3 days in a row is quite rare for me now a days (I used to be more active when I was a teenager/at uni). So I'm actually quite proud of myself :lol: Going to try and keep it going, especially whilst being in this lock down!
It was a year ago today I started properly tracking my food and increasing my exercise :woo: (I think I posted this thread a few days or so after). I'm actually really proud of myself (which is rare!). Still going strong with eating (relatively) healthy! Just before Christmas I dipped down to 58.2kg then up to 59kg after a few days of eating more, and now down to 58.7kg. I got out of the habit of weight training and core exercises in the last couple of weeks, but I've done this the last 2 days so I'm hoping to get back into gaining strength :smile:

Original post by BurstingBubbles
I ended up doing a 12 mile bike ride yesterday and I've done my second session of week 1 of couch to 5km today. Felt easier today but helped by the fact I went mid morning so my breakfast had gone down and I wasn't full like I was on Saturday :tongue:

Doing exercise (actual exercise that gets the heart rate up/causes me to break a sweat, and not just walking) 3 days in a row is quite rare for me now a days (I used to be more active when I was a teenager/at uni). So I'm actually quite proud of myself :lol: Going to try and keep it going, especially whilst being in this lock down!

Haha so yeah my exercise has reduced since it's been so cold outside. I've decided that couch to 5k will be a spring/summer thing, as I found it difficult to fit around work (dark in the mornings and evenings - I don't want to run in the dark to be honest). But I have just been for like a 4 mile walk at least :colondollar: but yeah I will try and fit in some more activity, even if it's exercising inside :yep:
:woohoo: :lovehug:
Now that the 2021 Wellbeing Blogs forum is open, I've made a blog for my wellbeing development :biggrin:

From a fitness/weight perspective, I'm keeping the weight off. If anything I've actually lost a bit more (57.8kg as of this morning) but currently eating a biscoff shortbread cake thing and going to have fish and chips this weekend :tongue: Just keeping an eye on it really. I think after so long eating less, I'm just used to eating less. But will try and increase it in a healthy way :yep: I'm eating more protein which is good. Need to get back on it with the weights and indoor exercises. Due to the restrictions and weather I'm out walking less - hopefully this will improve soon!
Really pleased to have kept the weight off still for over a year, normally between 57-58kg. At some point I'd like to increase my muscle a bit but in July I got my wedding dress so I'm just making sure I maintain for now until after the wedding (April) so I fit in it :lol: I did still calorie count for a while to make sure that I maintained but I've not done that for months and feel much more aware of what and how much to eat to maintain my weight. Feel like I've got a much better relationship with food now and I'm so glad I didn't do a fad/crash diet and gain it all back. Slow and steady is best :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest