The Student Room Group

What do you find most difficult about driving?

I am still a learner but had a good 20-25 lessons so i’m familiar with the best part of driving. However the one thing i’m not so great at is roundabouts. Especially Spiral ones. Out of curiosity, what does everyone else find most difficult?
going to the actual lessons lmao i despise driving
Reply 2
It took me a long time to cope with roundabouts- I'm dreading doing them at peak times (rush hour traffic). I hate people don't indicate much on them- I'm bad at reading their wheel positioning to anticipate when they'll leave the roundabout so when they don't indicate it really drives me nuts!
The unpredictable drivers on the roads.
Other drivers in general
Driving at night in the rain with no streetlights.
Reply 6
Parking. I've only had 15hrs worth of lessons and struggle with this.
I’ve had a bad experience instructor and my test is in March and I’ve only started with a new one last week, I hate the actual lessons and much prefer to do it more independently with my mum
Reply 8
parking 100%. I've got my test tomorrow and I can not parallel park! let's hope they don't ask me to do it
Reply 9
Unintuitive road layouts and stupid drivers. Especially when the two meet.
Avoiding losing my no-claims bonus to the inconsiderate drivers of Croydon, Fulham-Putney Bridge and East London.
Finding the opportunity to practice it. I failed 4 times before the local cabbies took pity and said... you drive! Talk about the deep end but now... watch out... I am about and I am damn good!
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Driving at night in the rain with no streetlights.

Or the stupid, ridiculous bloody bright white led headlights coming at you down a dark road, dazzling so you can’t see a damn thing
Original post by Sammylou40
Or the stupid, ridiculous bloody bright white led headlights coming at you down a dark road, dazzling so you can’t see a damn thing

Made a lot worse by them reflecting on the wet road!
Reply 14
Other drivers. The number of people who quite obviously don't check their mirrors is horrendous. I was driving down a dual carriageway a few weeks ago and some guy started coming across into the right lane at the exact same time as I was passing him. He wouldn't have realised I was there unless I honked my horn. Or those people who do 40mph in national speed, then carry on doing 40 into 30 zones. I don't get it, do you just not realise you can actually look at the speed you're doing?
It's honestly scary who they give licenses to.

Also driving down narrow country lanes where there's often a situation where one of you has to reverse a fair bit to let the other person pass :rolleyes: Not difficult, just quite annoying.
Original post by riaaree
parking 100%. I've got my test tomorrow and I can not parallel park! let's hope they don't ask me to do it

Ive done my test a couple of times and im pretty sure on all of them they;ve asked me to do parallel park. Its become compulsory i think but u dont have to worry about emergency stop as you might not have time to do that. Good luck
Original post by jerrybangers
I am still a learner but had a good 20-25 lessons so i’m familiar with the best part of driving. However the one thing i’m not so great at is roundabouts. Especially Spiral ones. Out of curiosity, what does everyone else find most difficult?

I hate really hilly roads. My car always rolls back as I dont press the petrol quick enough. Ive been driving for about a year.
Original post by dj_ad_1
Ive done my test a couple of times and im pretty sure on all of them they;ve asked me to do parallel park. Its become compulsory i think but u dont have to worry about emergency stop as you might not have time to do that. Good luck

i had my test earlier and i had to parallel park! i got a minor for my controls of it as i was stressing out so much but i passed! woo
Original post by riaaree
i had my test earlier and i had to parallel park! i got a minor for my controls of it as i was stressing out so much but i passed! woo

congrats and hopefully i wont see u banging my car aha
Parallel parking!! And other drivers

My test is in 3 weeks

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending