The Student Room Group

Question about Clearing/2nd Year transfer

I made an application early last month to transfer into year 2 of a different university after completing my first year. Early last week UCAS was updated, to unsuccessful for my only transfer choice. I was informed however this was an error and the course leader submitted a revised offer himself and to wait for an update.

Upon ringing admissions this Monday, I was informed that it was 'too late' for them to change the 'unsuccessful' to 'unconditional' as I had 'entered clearing', the department confirmed that I'd now have to be admitted through clearing.

I should hopefully recieve my passport before the end of this week, presumably I'll have to send this to the university and wait for UCAS to write to me to confirm an offer has been made.

My question is, after recieving my clearing passport and sending it off will I have to wait until the 15th August for UCAS to write to me to confirm an offer, as this is the date clearing begins? or because I have already arranged to go to 1 university through clearing because of an error they made on my original application, will this be done faster?

Transferring into the 2nd year, I'm sure this would have to be very quick to give me any chance of securing university accomodation.
Reply 1
Anyone know?

Latest

Trending

Trending