The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mnot
Im starting to think this guys a troll, he'd rather fake his own death and create a new identity then just tell his parents and go seek some qualified council on how to approach this.

Look if all ur gonna do it continue to have a go at me for making a mistake in which I clearly want to change, then don’t bother commenting. You’ve said ur advice, and at this point, ur jus repeatedly having a go at me.
Original post by mnot
If you believed them this was risk free, your a fool. This is at a minimum fraud and could even be considered racketeering.

To think that I came here for some genuine advice. If I was really a fool, dy not think I would’ve not even bothered attempting first stage of help, which would be to consult this forum to have a rough idea on how to go about this. I want to CHANGE, which is the purpose of me coming here. If you simply can’t understand using you small head of yours, that some people make mistakes, no matter big and small, there’s still a chance to change. I’ve been trying to let this someone petty and arrogant behaviour of yours, by being opened minded with you, it’s time for you understand not everyone reacts to a situation the same.
Reply 42
Original post by Username2346774
To think that I came here for some genuine advice. If I was really a fool, dy not think I would’ve not even bothered attempting first stage of help, which would be to consult this forum to have a rough idea on how to go about this. I want to CHANGE, which is the purpose of me coming here. If you simply can’t understand using you small head of yours, that some people make mistakes, no matter big and small, there’s still a chance to change. I’ve been trying to let this someone petty and arrogant behaviour of yours, by being opened minded with you, it’s time for you understand not everyone reacts to a situation the same.

then go to the police confess your crimes name those involved and take the punishment and pay the victims back. will you do that of course not. lets call it what it is you are a thief but of course you wont because your not sorry you just want to get away with it. you want folks to tell you how to crawl from under your pile of steaming mess.
you honesty believe you can hold an office of trust. i wonder how many of your future clients will trust you with access to there money when its know you a repeat thief.
note this thief still has the money he stole from his bank. i hope the prosecute you. the community service usually 100 hour will maybe teach you morals. a short spell in a young offenders institute may teach you what your future holds. if you carry on.
you where not foolish you were greedy
Original post by paub
then go to the police confess your crimes name those involved and take the punishment and pay the victims back. will you do that of course not. lets call it what it is you are a thief but of course you wont because your not sorry you just want to get away with it. you want folks to tell you how to crawl from under your pile of steaming mess.
you honesty believe you can hold an office of trust. i wonder how many of your future clients will trust you with access to there money when its know you a repeat thief.
note this thief still has the money he stole from his bank. i hope the prosecute you. the community service usually 100 hour will maybe teach you morals. a short spell in a young offenders institute may teach you what your future holds. if you carry on.
you where not foolish you were greedy

It’s funny because I already acknowledged myself as greedy and for you to think I’m not sorry, again, why would I be here. You clearly are commenting with spite against me “pay the victims back”. Clearly you didn’t understand what I posted. “Your not sorry”, I’m not going to even comment on your grammar and spelling, but I will tell you one thing, I’m not gonna tolerate your constant slander against me, when I’m clearly wanting to change like I said. “Short spell in a young offenders institution” nothing but just spite and hatred. “Take the punishment” what part of “Halifax is closing my account” do you not understand, that is a punishment. Again, another arrogant single minded individual who is just so high and mighty. I’m not sure what background you have, but clearly a background where you were limited from being in someone’s shoes.
I don’t need to hear another comment from you, as I know it will only be out of spite. I’m sorry that I still have a vision for my future, and I’m sorry you’ve somewhat been affected by my situation.
Reply 44
It’s funny because I already acknowledged myself as greedy and for you to think I’m not sorry, again, why would I be here. You clearly are commenting with spite against me “pay the victims back”. Clearly you didn’t understand what I posted. “Your not sorry”, I’m not going to even comment on your grammar and spelling, but I will tell you one thing, I’m not gonna tolerate your constant slander against me, when I’m clearly wanting to change like I said. “Short spell in a young offenders institution” nothing but just spite and hatred. “Take the punishment” what part of “Halifax is closing my account” do you not understand, that is a punishment. Again, another arrogant single minded individual who is just so high and mighty. I’m not sure what background you have, but clearly a background where you were limited from being in someone’s shoes.
I don’t need to hear another comment from you, as I know it will only be out of spite. I’m sorry that I still have a vision for my future, and I’m sorry you’ve somewhat been affected by my situation.

slander is an untruth. you are a thief. my grammar is crap but at least im not a thief. oh wo is me people are being mean. your future is ****ed because you thought you were so clever. guess what you are a pillock. you were used because you thought you could steal without a comeback. enjoy trying to get a mortgage. get this you have thrown away your future you had better hope the bank does not come after you. because jail is a real option. now if they believe you were more involved then your looking at serious time oh and your mum had better be able to prove where all the money came from for your home car ect. the serious fraud folks are not a laugh.
Original post by paub
slander is an untruth. You are a thief. My grammar is crap but at least im not a thief. Oh wo is me people are being mean. Your future is ****ed because you thought you were so clever. Guess what you are a pillock. You were used because you thought you could steal without a comeback. Enjoy trying to get a mortgage. Get this you have thrown away your future you had better hope the bank does not come after you. Because jail is a real option. Now if they believe you were more involved then your looking at serious time oh and your mum had better be able to prove where all the money came from for your home car ect. The serious fraud folks are not a laugh.

they want to change

You mean libel ..
Hold up here.

You want to be a lawyer, yet you'd willingly commit a crime?
Oh boy the irony...
Deed is done.

Fess up, show remorse, grovel, promise you have learned your lesson.

Take the punishment, make amends and pay back the money.

If you don't, the consequences will l only multiply and your costs will rise significantly.

Grow a backbone, no-one on an internet forum can help you evade the consequences. Your confession here is a small start, but It's hardly a true confession to those you have directly affected. It's a start but you have to suck it up and tell the right people - your parents, legal advisor, the bank and probably the police and magistrates.

Growing up is tough, taking responsibility and facing the consequences is a big step on the road to adulthood.
(edited 4 years ago)

I won’t repeat what has already been said
There’s no need.
You could go and see a solicitor. Most offer an hour for free for advice. Research them first so you talk to one who knows what they’re talking about. Contact the bank to see exactly what is going on. Tbh right now you don’t know exactly what you’re dealing with yet.
Do that first.
Depending on what they say you’re seriously going to have to talk to your parents. The record will be at their address. It’s going to affect them too. Even something like house insurance asks if anyone in the household has a record for fraud. And companies do a search anyway.
You really don’t want them finding out from anyone like that. The chances of you being able to hide it are slim to none.
Hi I’m new here and I’ve been reading many forums.

I’m 16 in yr 11. My GCSE’s are soon and I’m working really hard to get the good grades. I really do hope I still have a bright dream future as a lawyer to make my family proud :smile:.

To keep this quick and snappy, I was enticed to commit fraud on a halifax account I have. This is different from AC, it’s called ATM Fraud.
For those who don’t know, you take out money and trick and atm it never gave money. You call the bank, and they’ll give you the money.

I gave my card to a friend in school who Ik does fraud, he convinces me that it’s risk free. He sends it to a guy he trusts to do it, my friend calls the bank for me. The guy does it twice in a row, (Does it on Saturday, money arrives Monday. Takes out the money through the atm fraud, my friend calls, I get the money on Tuesday).

The money gets taken out to be given to me, (total of £1000 has been refunded, £500 each “job” and I get 50%)
Shortly afterwards, I get a text from Halifax saying they are closing my account in 60 days.

I have a child trust fund with Halifax and idk what it’ll do to that too :frown:.

After reading many forums, it’s most likely I have a CIFAS on my name. Tbh, I don’t really know what good is me saying it here, but I think I just need some advice on the matter and what I can do to confirm if I have a cifas. I really don’t want my parents to know and it’s a mistake I accept, I was just blind to the money, I really didn’t think I’ll get caught but here I am.

Please guys I jus need some advice, and idc if u have negative things to say really...

TL;DR I did atm fraud with my friend and Halifax is closing my account. I jus need some advice as to what is going to happen and how I can cope with any consequences that may follow .. :frown:

Just to reiterate, I do regret it. I regret everything I’ve done here, and I’m here to make a change in a life. This won’t happen again, so please keep your spite and anger away, it’s simply not needed at this moment.

I’m sorry once again.

im 18 and its too much info for me, i cant absorb it all and is making me feel broke lol, plus dont say sorry to us. nobody heres influencing ur bank acc. prob just start a fresh get a new acc w a new bank and a part time job to fund u
Reply 51
You definitely won’t be going into that career if they have placed a marker but I would say put a complaint in with the bank about the closure and if it’s not upheld then refer it to the FOS. If you do happen to have the marker then your natwest will be closed as soon as they are made aware of this, However, you will still be able to get some credit facilities but definitely not with a bank. Job wise you would be OK as long as it’s nothing to do with finance as you can’t be trusted.
Reply 52
Hi, I’m literally in year 11 too and in the exact same boat as you, can you tell me what happened to you and how did you get away with it with your parents or if they found out and with the letter they send about closing the account what did it say on it and did it include a bank statement with it?
Original post by Alfs16
Hi, I’m literally in year 11 too and in the exact same boat as you, can you tell me what happened to you and how did you get away with it with your parents or if they found out and with the letter they send about closing the account what did it say on it and did it include a bank statement with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyxm8cjMSCo

(Tell your parents, go seek proper council, this is not something to mess around with for embarrassment)
Reply 54
I’ve already sorted it out with halifax and no further action is taking place, I told my parents that I made a mistake online and have away too many details which they believed, I just need to know what is said on the letter they send you about closing the account and if it has a bank statement attatched to it.
Reply 55
Hi, i know this is a bit late, but don’t worry about your student finance, you will still be able to get your loans! You mentioned you had a NatWest account, just keep that safe and you’ll be ok. Your student finances are not based on anything to do with you banks and credit score and you’ll still be able to get it just in a different account.
Hi everyone, I’m on a-levels now. Haven’t been here in a while. I replied to two pm’s.

I took your advice guys. I told my parents all about it, I went to the bank and told them too, no further action was taken. Honestly, not too sure what happened as I think my account is still open since they send me emails. I don’t have my card anymore and stuff. I forgotten everything about it.

I’ve moved on from it all. It’s a memory I’ll always remember and it’s pretty ****ing **** but it’s a constant reminder.

Whoever is thinking of it, just don’t do it. It ain’t worth it at all. Even if you do, the money will be spent so quickly and you’ll forget you even had it.

That’s all from me, thanks everyone for the comments and stuff and it really put me in my place, I’ve learnt my lesson and now I’m focused on better things in life.

Thank you.
Yup a cifas marker that will last 6 years. Best thing to do is open a revolut account
Original post by Dexter345
Yup a cifas marker that will last 6 years. Best thing to do is open a revolut account

The NatWest is still running so just going to use that, everything is calm tho now.
Is there any update on your situation how long do you have left

Latest

Trending

Trending