The Student Room Group

Should I get a car if I'm studying in London?

I know it's pointless to get a car especially in london, but I love to drive, what else could I do in my free time? seems? reasonable to me to get one
Reply 1
Same issue - hate trains
Reply 2
A car at uni is pretty much wasted money, unless your commuting of course.
Reply 3
no I will be not, but I might name able to have a car space soon, that might make my situation better
Original post by johm132
I know it's pointless to get a car especially in london, but I love to drive, what else could I do in my free time? seems? reasonable to me to get one

Why - congestion charge, traffic, stupid pedestrians, ULEZ ( although probably won't apply to you)

I love cars too - currently driving a CHR, had an e type, puma, Bentley, Audi TT, Mercedes Pagoda x 2; Honda CRV; Hyundai Coupe, TVR; etc etc - would not drive in London for all the tea in China
No, Sadiq Kahn hates cars

Wait for him to be ousted in the next election then consider it.
You might enjoy driving...but you're unlikely to enjoy driving in London, why poison it?
I mean a car would be useful for things other than uni.

Like for me my mum doesn't drive and my dad is at work all the time so I want to get a car to be able to take my mum and siblings out, go to the gym (easier than public transport), go far places in London, shopping for my mum etc.

If you think it will benefit you and you are able to bear the costs of a car and you don't think you'll be harming the environment for pointless travels then I don't see why not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending