The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dont know mate I dont have your friends.

Cons: How long are you away for? You might need to get straight on the phone to ensure places etc, but hey for all I know you could have unconditionals!
Reply 2
oh it's my gcse results.. so therefore less important
past experiences?
Sorry! Umm, I'd rather go on holiday! Are you expecting the results you need? Do you know what you're doing after GCSE's?
tearsinthesky
oh it's my gcse results.. so therefore less important
past experiences?

meh its ok gcse results day was a bit of an anti climax i thought, you get results, cheer/cry for a minute with a couple of friends, leave because its awkward with loads of other people crying then thats it...

although I don't think I could handle the stress of going away and waiting- can you go away and someone call you with results?
Reply 5
I liked seeing everyone again 1 last time at school.. but i mean i didnt have the option of a holiday instead.. you'll still find them out.. and if you arent too worried about them, then you can just enjoy the hol and think of them later.. just go for the hol!!
Reply 6
Get your parents to read the results to you and go on holiday. Win win.
It's up to you, what you think is more important. Personally, I plan my holiday's around any results/important days.
Reply 8
starcarton

although I don't think I could handle the stress of going away and waiting- can you go away and someone call you with results?

i think i want to open them.. i really want to be the first to know!
god i'm such a little kid.

um i pretty much know i'm going to sixth form i just need to pass and then get As/ Bs in the subjects i persue...
i think i'd rather go on holiday but i'll get there and be like "agh i wish i was at school"
whichever way i choose i'll want to do the other come the 21st i suppose!
Reply 9
nothingspek
It's up to you, what you think is more important. Personally, I plan my holiday's around any results/important days.

yeah it's kinda more of a frenzied last minute thing :s-smilie:
My friend is on holiday over results day but is getting his mum to pick up the results for him, open them and tell him over the phone. Can't you do something similar?
Reply 11
4 years back my cousen never went to pick her resultsup on results day-she decided to go 2 weeks later!'because i knew they were bad' she said.lol
Go to results day.
You can request someone to get them for you, or just wait. A few days extra waiting won't make much of a difference, you've already been waiting this long! :p:
Off topic - but what school do you go to? Lincoln FTW!!

On topic - go on holiday, someone can always phone/email/text you the results
Reply 15
I wouldn't go on holiday, gcses are quite important.(:
Reply 16
Rassam
I wouldn't go on holiday, gcses are quite important.(:

But what's done is done.

If you can get someone else to go and get your results for you, or pick them up when they're mailed out - do that, just wait the extra day.
Reply 17
suek
But what's done is done.

If you can get someone else to go and get your results for you, or pick them up when they're mailed out - do that, just wait the extra day.

But if it's bad news it might upset you and could ruin the rest of your holiday.
Reply 18
Rassam
But if it's bad news it might upset you and could ruin the rest of your holiday.

Well it's up to the op to decide this but - is it worth missing out on an ENTIRE holiday for the potential for bad news?
Reply 19
:rolleyes:
suek
Well it's up to the op to decide this but - is it worth missing out on an ENTIRE holiday for the potential for bad news?

I wouln't mind, but that's just me isn't it?

Latest