The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what i said.
Reply 21
Go up to them and say "hi". If they ignore you or look reluctant to answer forget it. Anything else then just start the conversation.
ffs everyones so anal!

It doesnt matter a **** if you call them birds, chicks, ****-holes, whatever! Just don't let them hear :wink:

Secondly, get a bit (but not TOO MUCH!) of dutch courage so your conversation will flow easier.

Thirdly make them laugh! Girls love guys who make them laugh.

Fourthly, dont talk about yourself too much. If you want, have a "Wingman" who is basically a male friend who talks about your various exploits and makes you sound amazing. That way women are more convinced and dont think you're up yourself.

Fifthly; ask them lots of questions about themselves (seem interested) but DONT INTERROGATE THEM! Remember the chillis song; "Sweet talk but don't intimidate her.."

Sixthly; If she's not interested in you, i.e shooting questions back, it's probably a fair bet you should move on, but do so in a friendly manner like talk to someone else, etc, maybe get her mobile or facebook, whatever! Just don't make it seem you were on the prowl :wink:
Few shot's of barcardi, get on the dancefloor, and just grab her.
Reply 24
viirkokka
ffs everyones so anal!

It doesnt matter a **** if you call them birds, chicks, ****-holes, whatever! Just don't let them hear :wink:

Secondly, get a bit (but not TOO MUCH!) of dutch courage so your conversation will flow easier.

Thirdly make them laugh! Girls love guys who make them laugh.

Fourthly, dont talk about yourself too much. If you want, have a "Wingman" who is basically a male friend who talks about your various exploits and makes you sound amazing. That way women are more convinced and dont think you're up yourself.

Fifthly; ask them lots of questions about themselves (seem interested) but DONT INTERROGATE THEM! Remember the chillis song; "Sweet talk but don't intimidate her.."

Sixthly; If she's not interested in you, i.e shooting questions back, it's probably a fair bet you should move on, but do so in a friendly manner like talk to someone else, etc, maybe get her mobile or facebook, whatever! Just don't make it seem you were on the prowl :wink:

Thanks a lot mate. Advice much appreciated :biggrin:. Yea my mate was talking about having another guy who kind of "bigs you up" lol so to speak. He goes it works well. :biggrin:
Reply 25
"I'm not a flintstone, but i could sure make your bed rock"

Or

"Were you born on a farm? Because you can sure raise a few cocks"

LOL
Reply 26
g_star_raw_1989
Few shot's of barcardi, get on the dancefloor, and just grab her.

i like this guys style lol the dancefloor is the best option like just get drunk and head straight for it son!
You need a wingman (pun not intended), it actually works for my mates... im too shy to try that stuff...:frown:
Reply 28
haha thats a good 1 peteo. I've tried a couple of these saying before, bt they seem too cliche. They may only think you have used it either before or if it dont work, then use it on the next girl. spose you have to have something unique about youself to get away with those type of chat up lines lol.
Reply 29
If she's dancing, make eye contact and start dancing with her/ask her to dance by putting your hand out if she's preoccupied/busy dancing with friends or something. If she turns you down, move on... DON'T follow her round for another half an hour willing her to dance with you like a weird guy I met on Saturday did. Lol. I was pretending I was a lesbian just to get rid of him in the end...

If she's over by the bar or starts dancing with you, offer to buy her a drink. This is sure to get any girl's attention (looks like you like them so much you wanna spend some money on them :smile:), and while she's by the bar with her just ask her questions - general questions, not an interrogation. Make fun of some other clubbers or the bouncer or something that happened during your night - if she's interested she's bound to have some funny story to pitch in. If she doesn't say much or seem interested leave it a little while and move on politely - ask her for her number or facebook to seem polite :smile:.
Reply 30
GodspeedGehenna
My first suggestion would be to not refer to them as "birds".

Seconded
TheCool
and with the g star clothing on as well you cannot fail son!

It's getting a bit generic now though don't you think...
Anyhows yeah you'll probably know straight away whether she is interested or not and if you don't think she is give it up, like everyone has already said. First impressions are what count here (maybe unlike at work etc.)
viirkokka
ffs everyones so anal!

Smooth :rolleyes:
viirkokka
If you want, have a "Wingman" who is basically a male friend who talks about your various exploits and makes you sound amazing. That way women are more convinced and dont think you're up yourself.

You guys must think we're stupid. The "wingman" approach is both sad and desperate. Try holding a conversation by yourself and not make her feel as though she's an aid to impessing your mates.
virrkokka
Fifthly; ask them lots of questions about themselves (seem interested)

This is hilarious. This is just the advice I'd give on chatting to blokes.
virrkokka

..Because, of course, if she's not interested in having your grubby mits on her and has hinted as such, the fact that you dash off to speak to the next nearest bit of skirt in the viscinity would make her totally oblivious to the fact that you were just dogging all along... And of course she'll be dying to keep in touch with you..
Reply 33
I have only read the first page, and I agree with all of the people who said not to refer to girls as "birds". You sound like a typical 'lad', and I picture you as some creep who just want to get me into bed.

You say you want to pull in a club, what for? A relationship? It may just be me, but I have never, and doubt that I would, go to a club in the hope of a finding someone to date. Soo many of the guys there just want one thing, and the only guys I am really sociable to in them are guys I am already friends with, from school/through friends etc.

Pubs are a better place to be sociable I think.
2 5 +
That's a funny post, for what he said could, linguistically speaking, apply equally to a bird - that is, a colloquialism for a woman used mainly in the north - or literally a bird, that is, an egg-laying animal which generally has the capacity of flight. Well done!

See above posts.
Reply 35
Why's Everyone catching feelings about calling a girl "Bird" or "chick" lol Its Not Necessarily a bad thing
Reply 36
Actually, I don't like guys that ask me loads of questions in night clubs because a) You can't hear what they're saying so there's not much point anyway and b) You know they don't actually care about what side of the street you live on and c) it can feel a bit creepy. I'd say approach a girl, make eye contact, smile and say 'hi'- and ask them how they're enjoying their evening. If the response seems positive then ask them to dance. Take it from there. Don't be too full on, just be relaxed. And whatever you do, don't bring another guy along to boast about their 'exploits'- that just screams desperate loser.
little_red_sox
Smooth :rolleyes:

You guys must think we're stupid. The "wingman" approach is both sad and desperate. Try holding a conversation by yourself and not make her feel as though she's an aid to impessing your mates.

This is hilarious. This is just the advice I'd give on chatting to blokes.

..Because, of course, if she's not interested in having your grubby mits on her and has hinted as such, the fact that you dash off to speak to the next nearest bit of skirt in the viscinity would make her totally oblivious to the fact that you were just dogging all along... And of course she'll be dying to keep in touch with you..

(My real reply)

Well it must work, just look at "Mystery" or whatever he's called. I can imagine that happening though.. girls tut-tutting that a guy takes her for that but secretly loving the attention all the same :smile:

It works for all, that advice :smile:

Well if she's not interested it's not a loss if you talk to another girl anyway. If she is interested you should be able to guage that interest and pursue her accordingly.
TheCool
Yeah Both G Star And Lyle & Scott Are Getting a bit too common nowadays! But never the less there still quality labels and produce some hot gear!

Yeahh, I bought a Lyle & Scott polo last week. I would say that 'designer' clothes really DO increase your chances tbh. Although you may get a different view from girls on this site (a biased representation). In general 'nice' clothes will help. Get some :biggrin:
Basically, you dont chat them up. Your there dancing on the floor, so is the girl, you both make eye contact, you keep dancing, you make eye contact again, this time its for longer, you start to move closer to her, you dance close to her, making the odd contact (ie touch her arse :awesome: ) she'll turn around, take a proper look at you, she'll then usually have a conference meeting with her mates about you, before either a, walking away, or b getting closer and holding your hands. If its B, WOOPDE DOO, youv pulled. Leaning back into you she'll start grinding you, before turning around and going in for the kiss. BANG, 1-0,

Latest

Trending

Trending