The Student Room Group

Has this Company rejected me?

So one of the big 4 companies I applied to, I got through to the video interview stage. I gave it in and 2 days later I get 3 automated emails from them saying I've been unsuccessful at around 12:45. Then the weird thing is that at around 2:45 (roughly 2 hours later) I get another email from the company asking for me to resend my videos and to reduce the file size/put them in MP4 format because they were unable to open them as they were too big. So I sent it to them and since then I haven't heard back. I've emailed them yesterday and they haven't replied.

So I'm unsure if I've been rejected or their still considering my application?
Reply 1
I'm so worried :frown:
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
anyone
It's 2 in the morning mate, 3 bumps isn't going to help you.

Sounds like when they tried to watch your interview it failed bcaise of file size. When they exited out the system sent an auto fail interview. Try twice more, exit out twice more, fail email sent. Person trying to watch it can't work it out, so they send it upstairs, they look at it and see that the file size is too big, hence the resend but smaller email.

Now it's likely back in the pile waiting on someone to review it, and your second email about it will be somewhere else in another pile.
Reply 5
Original post by Joe1000000
It's 2 in the morning mate, 3 bumps isn't going to help you.

Sounds like when they tried to watch your interview it failed bcaise of file size. When they exited out the system sent an auto fail interview. Try twice more, exit out twice more, fail email sent. Person trying to watch it can't work it out, so they send it upstairs, they look at it and see that the file size is too big, hence the resend but smaller email.

Now it's likely back in the pile waiting on someone to review it, and your second email about it will be somewhere else in another pile.

Yeah true it is late.

I see smart thinking. It's weird when I sign into the companies portal it say's I'm unsuccessful but that was at 12:45 when I got the emails so that's more worrying.

I remember they asked first time for me to send it compressing the file size, I did and they said it's still too big. I send it again reduing it further and they haven't replied. I sent them a few emails asking if I'm still being considered or what. I don't want to be annoying and desperate but I'm just worried so I'll try to call them on Monday.
For future reference, HandBrake is really food for reducing video file sizes. When did you send the email? Don't expect corporations to respond quickly. It's possible they're even ignoring the email and waiting for your interview to be seen.
Reply 7
Original post by Joe1000000
For future reference, HandBrake is really food for reducing video file sizes. When did you send the email? Don't expect corporations to respond quickly. It's possible they're even ignoring the email and waiting for your interview to be seen.

No it hasn’t been long, I didn’t send the email long ago like on Friday 4:26 PM. I don’t know if their open on weekends
Hmmmm
Reply 9
Guys they told me why I got rejected this time :frown: it’s because they didn’t want 3 videos 2 minutes long each but a 2 minute video answering 3 questions.

Is it worth asking them to give me another shot or I’ve been rejected what’s done is done :frown:
What do I do guys I’m devastated :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Guys they told me why I got rejected this time :frown: it’s because they didn’t want 3 videos 2 minutes long each but a 2 minute video answering 3 questions.

Is it worth asking them to give me another shot or I’ve been rejected what’s done is done :frown:

You can always ask, but depending on how clear the instructions were don't expect too much, as presumably the majority of people were able to get it right first time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending