University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What is the course? If I was going on reputation, I would go for UCL :yy:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
UCL is within easy reach of so much cool stuff, I'd go for that. You're in London, you can meet so many people! I only turned it down because there was no way in hell I'd meet their offer =]
OP, posting this kind of question in the UCL sub-forum was not intelligent, unless you want to be told to choose UCL.
Reply 4
go for ucl. it's clearly the best :smile:
Reply 5
SuperSam_Fantastiche
UCL is within easy reach of so much cool stuff, I'd go for that. You're in London, you can meet so many people! I only turned it down because there was no way in hell I'd meet their offer =]

Aside from the fact London is well known to be an extremely antisocial place. :p:

Londoners are all depressed bastids. Spend all their days wrapped up in themselves and think it's weird whenever you start randomly talking to them in a bar with no other reason than just wanting a chat.
Reply 6
Hylean

Londoners are all depressed bastids. Spend all their days wrapped up in themselves and think it's weird whenever you start randomly talking to them in a bar with no other reason than just wanting a chat.

I'd be delighted if someone turned around and spoke to me in a bar. :biggrin: Unlike this guy the other day asked me ' So...wacha drinking?' That wasn't quite the conversation I was hoping for so I just walked off in a huff. :frown:

But yeah, I would choose UCL over Bristol, because they're highly respected, more international reputation, London being a great place.
However my friend is doing Chemistry at Bristol and she loves it, because theyve had a few renovations/new buildings?
Reply 7
blahbloo
I'd be delighted if someone turned around and spoke to me in a bar. :biggrin: Unlike this guy the other day asked me ' So...wacha drinking?' That wasn't quite the conversation I was hoping for so I just walked off in a huff. :frown:

But yeah, I would choose UCL over Bristol, because they're highly respected, more international reputation, London being a great place.
However my friend is doing Chemistry at Bristol and she loves it, because theyve had a few renovations/new buildings?

You're from Devon, which isn't London, thus are not a Londoner. :p:

You're also a metaller, thus should accompany me and others to the Electric Ballroom, if it is still around. Though, I've heard it's no longer that popular.
Reply 8
correct me if am wrong, but are ppl not suppose to have done their choices already?

Anyway UCL anyday. If you are not from London you would enjoy it alot i think.

Great city & great reputation.
Hylean
Aside from the fact London is well known to be an extremely antisocial place. :p:

You've clearly never met me in a bar :p:
Well I guess all I can tell you is that I've never had a problem with the social life or the societies at UCL :smile: It's been amazing.
Reply 11
Hylean
You're from Devon, which isn't London, thus are not a Londoner. :p:

You're also a metaller, thus should accompany me and others to the Electric Ballroom, if it is still around. Though, I've heard it's no longer that popular.

How does one become a Londoner? By birth or having lived there for certain number of years?

And yes, I shall accompany you and other people if there's a good gig going on :biggrin: I haven't heard of Electric Ballroom for ages now but I do know of other metal gig places anyway. :p:
Reply 12
Onearmedbandit
Well I guess all I can tell you is that I've never had a problem with the social life or the societies at UCL :smile: It's been amazing.

Ive been wondering about the societies, which ones did you attend? I'm hoping to attend the Wing Chun Kung Fu society club, as I did it for 6 months and loved it. :biggrin:
blahbloo
Ive been wondering about the societies, which ones did you attend? I'm hoping to attend the Wing Chun Kung Fu society club, as I did it for 6 months and loved it. :biggrin:

Check out this thread for all your society and union-related questions :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=552646
Reply 14
Pimping your own thread? I like it. :biggrin:
blahbloo
Pimping your own thread? I like it. :biggrin:

So post in it :hmmm:
wildchild_06
iv been to the electric ballroom in camden btw its quite good, musics a bit heavy tho!

They have different music on different nights :smile:

By the way, you can easily start a society if the one you want isn't there already. I'm surprised there's no art society... maybe there is but it has a weird name. I'll check for you if you like.
Reply 17
wildchild_06
so ucl isn't 'asian dominated'?

Isn't it LSE that tends to have this reputation? Personally, when I went for my history interview, I didn't get the impression at all that UCL was dominated by one ethnic group over any other, though that could be because I went for an arts interview and not a sciencey one, which seems to be the stereotypical course type of Asian groups; though - on the tour - I didn't get that impression either tbh.

Really, if it's the uni you want to go to then I don't think that the proportion of racial groups should really be a factor that you should let sway you.
Reply 18
blahbloo
How does one become a Londoner? By birth or having lived there for certain number of years?

And yes, I shall accompany you and other people if there's a good gig going on :biggrin: I haven't heard of Electric Ballroom for ages now but I do know of other metal gig places anyway. :p:

True, but I tend to prefer Slimelight and the Dev anyway.

SuperSam_Fantastiche
You've clearly never met me in a bar :p:

Clearly I haven't.
Reply 19
Sorry for hi-jacking a bit, but are there any dark-room facilities available for students? I emailed the Slade and they said their one was for Art students only :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending