The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I still can't believe I never got charged for any of the **** that was broken in the kitchen, very lucky!!!!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
Teao the Cat
Well, most of mine was for communal stuff, except £1.50 for 'hoovering' or some such nonsense... I couldn't see anything mucky about the carpet. there was probably a piece of thread or something there that had to be picked up...

Damn. This means I'm going to have to:

a) turn my flatmates into deposit-obsessed neat freaks, or
b) leave last, and tidy before I go.
got charged £35! No way should i have been charged that much, communal charges, ie excess cleaning, well thats rubbish, i did ****e loads of cleaning. Also got charged for marks on my wall.
The trick is to put blu tack marks on wall, dirty chair and bin and marks on carpet down on your inventory at the start of the year :wink:
Reply 24
emmathe37th
The trick is to put blu tack marks on wall, dirty chair and bin and marks on carpet down on your inventory at the start of the year :wink:

Yeah i did that last year. As far as they know the room was covered in blu tac before i got there :biggrin:
Sounds like they're very anal about the tiniest little bit in order to get as much as possible. Eep
I have got 165 back which is far more than I expected, but it still hasn't been paid into my account, what a load of shyte
Reply 27
JordanLUFC
I have got 165 back which is far more than I expected, but it still hasn't been paid into my account, what a load of shyte

I'm glad you said that, I was beginning to wonder where my money had gone! I got £180, and I couldn't believe I had spent it all without noticing.
They must make a fortune out of all those deposits gathering interest in the bank for weeks on end.
It's all just one massive rip off.
Reply 29
I got 147 back
thats fair enough i guess...
i did break 2 desk chairs, put dents in my walls and turn my walls an odd shade of blue-white

still havent got it back though, its a right ball-ache
Reply 30
I got charged some communal charges (which I am not bothered about) and 32quid for my wall! which is bullcrap! they paint the walls with self-harming emo paint anyway. but seems like I was the only one in my house who got charged (one of my house mates had dart holes everywhere and didnt get charged a penny!!)
I lost £10 for excess cleaning in the bathroom.

Normally I'd accept this, but I made sure everything was clean in there. I was up at 4am, using all my cleaning products on it and my dad had a double check in there and everything before we left.

I've emailed the residence officer though, so I hope it's sorted out.

I also lost about £3 on excess rubbish from one of my flatmates.
emmathe37th

I unfortunately couldn't as I moved into the townhouses LOL. Would've looked a bit odd.
Reply 33
I got £137 back, but i complained about some stuff and managed to get up to £167!
Reply 34
LaurenFah
I lost £10 for excess cleaning in the bathroom.

Normally I'd accept this, but I made sure everything was clean in there. I was up at 4am, using all my cleaning products on it and my dad had a double check in there and everything before we left.

I've emailed the residence officer though, so I hope it's sorted out.

I also lost about £3 on excess rubbish from one of my flatmates.

Have you had a response from the residence officer yet? I emailed her a week ago and no response :frown:
(which one did you email btw?) ta
ChJaRo
Have you had a response from the residence officer yet? I emailed her a week ago and no response :frown:
(which one did you email btw?) ta

No response yet :frown:

I emailed Ruth I THINK, but now I can't remember so don't wanna send a second email.

You?
Reply 36
LaurenFah
No response yet :frown:

I emailed Ruth I THINK, but now I can't remember so don't wanna send a second email.

You?

I emailed Jacqui Sharpe/Brian/Sharpe or whatever, but I also CCd it to Ruth too. I am gonna blame the lateness of their reply on them having to sort out 1st years accomodation...

I am back there next week anyway so I will just go in person I reckon.
If you get a reply will you let me know who from please?
Reply 38
I remember I got £2 of my first year deposit back.. for some reason they felt like replacing the curtains (£50??), also the kitchen was left in a state.. really horrible way of making money

Latest

Trending

Trending