The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The 'I'm Coming to Exeter' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evyy
As sad as it is I've resorted to making lists so I know exactly what I need to get :biggrin: My sister went to Newcastle so she had practically the same length journey in the opposite direction :smile: I'm sure you'll get yours soon! Did you get the blank welcome e-mail?

Edit: Just read back through the thread and saw you got the blank e-mail too, I'm slightly panicking hahaha :biggrin:

Lists are cool, mine is currently pinned on my wardrobe :wink:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by bron-winnie
Lists are cool, mine is currently pinned on my wardrobe :wink:

I'm such a man, if I started writing a list I'd probably end up eating it haha, my mum is away all month in September so I'm basically screwed

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by dominicstannard
Seriously is no one doing politics?! Seems like I'll be stuck in the lecture hall on my own haha POLITICSSSSSS

I'm doing History and International relations... so I will share some modules with politics students! (I think)
I'm such a man, if I started writing a list I'd probably end up eating it haha, my mum is away all month in September so I'm basically screwed

Hahaa! Wow, yeah that's not good, in my experience men are pretty crap at organising this sort of stuff :wink:
Hahaa! Wow, yeah that's not good, in my experience men are pretty crap at organising this sort of stuff :wink:

Haha yep, I'll probably just arrive with underwear and a sleeping bag and presume I'll be alright! Good to know there's a couple of you on the same department :smile:

Haha yep, I'll probably just arrive with underwear and a sleeping bag and presume I'll be alright! Good to know there's a couple of you on the same department :smile:

Yep :smile: Just want to know my accommodation now...!
I presume you're the same Dom Stannard as just commented on the Exeter Fresher's facebook page post about accommodation? I noticed your comment a moment ago and thought "I recognise that name" then looked back at this thread and realised where from (not stalking, promise :P).
(edited 11 years ago)
Yep :smile: Just want to know my accommodation now...!
I presume you're the same Dom Stannard as just commented on the Exeter Fresher's facebook page post about accommodation? I noticed your comment a moment ago and thought "I recognise that name" then looked back at this thread and realised where from (not stalking, promise :P).

Haha yeah that's me, freaking out over it all but I'm sure it'll be fine!

Haha yeah that's me, freaking out over it all but I'm sure it'll be fine!

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine, plenty of people don't have an offer yet. I hope I et one tomorrow though, going to Reading Festival on Wednesday, and not planning on taking a phone I can connect to the internet on :/
I'm doing Law, what about you.
Anybody heard back about this blank welcome email yet?

and what sort of times have other people had their accommodation offers? Just so I'm not sat on here all day waiting :biggrin:
Reply 790
Original post by kookykiaora
Anybody heard back about this blank welcome email yet?

and what sort of times have other people had their accommodation offers? Just so I'm not sat on here all day waiting :biggrin:

Well, their Twitter feed has acknowledged there was a problem https://twitter.com/UniofExeter Perhaps they'll tell admissions to resend it "So sorry about that, we had a bit of a technical problem. The email will be resent very soon". x5 XD
Reply 791
random question has anyone received a letter from exeter?

i got a blank email
no text (though i dont think they have my phone number!)
no letter
no accommodation offer

D:

though i did get a ucas confirmation letter!

EDIT: panic slightly over i have an offer for accommodation! im in birks grange! WOOO!! i feel less rejected now!
(edited 11 years ago)
Got my accommodation Offer- Birks Grange Block P (that's the town house)
Reply 793
Got my accommodation Offer- Birks Grange Block P (that's the town house)

im in exactly the same block as you!
Original post by the_sky.

Yay!!! :biggrin: Did you get your offer this morning too?
Just got my offer, I applied for Rowe house, st Germans and lafrowda and have been given duryard which is on the opposite end of campus? Slightly frustrating but is anyone else in teign house block F?

Reply 796

i just signed on to this to comment on here but i'm in that block too! doing law with french :smile:
Just got my offer, I applied for Rowe house, st Germans and lafrowda and have been given duryard which is on the opposite end of campus? Slightly frustrating but is anyone else in teign house block F?

I know its frustrating and maybe you can try switching BUT at least you are on the main campus. Sometimes people end up at St Luke's though studying at the main campus which is really far away!!!

:smile:
Original post by liviluck
I got mine not long after I sent you the last message- about 4 o clock :smile: I'm in Birks Grange block C :smile: any news on yours yet? Ah ok :smile:, how long does it take you to get to Exeter from there? :smile:

Edit: I've got the blank e-mail as well, hopefully they'll realise their mistake soon!

Hi, No I haven't heard yet. I rang them and they said I should hear sometime this week and that my application is processing. It is about an hour flight to Exeter but I'm leaving on Sunday because I'm going to stay with my dad who lives in Nottingham for a couple of weeks and then he's going to drive me on down to Exeter :smile: I can't wait x
Reply 799

Birk grange block p here as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending