The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The 'I'm Coming to Exeter' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Does it say anything when you press 'list'?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Erm, I think its so you can sync it with a phone or something ... its a new system for us as well!

I've discovered the answer though! As New students registered a week later than current students, timetables are released a week later than current students. It allows for numbers and groups to be created along with some technical IT stuff..

So New UG student timetables will be released on the 10th (so next Monday)
Reply 982
Original post by GooglyEyedMonster
We've got ours so you should have yours as everything has been confirmed now

Try here: https://mytimetable.exeter.ac.uk/

That's where I tried :smile: mine still says its being updated and will be available soon, but it says on their website they're not expecting to issue them all until late September (edited my post above to include the quote) so maybe it's different for different subjects? I'm not too worried, all of my modules are compulsory so the link I posted has pretty much what mine's going to be like (:

Ah, I think some of them they have 2 different rows for what the days like depending what modules you're doing or something like that, did you have to pick modules? Are you not doing straight LLB then cos that one seems fine? https://admin.exeter.ac.uk/academic/timetable/tt/2012/programme/show_prog_tt.php
If not I guess we'll just have to wait until we get the real thing :tongue:
Original post by 11flon
That's where I tried :smile: mine still says its being updated and will be available soon, but it says on their website they're not expecting to issue them all until late September (edited my post above to include the quote) so maybe it's different for different subjects? I'm not too worried, all of my modules are compulsory so the link I posted has pretty much what mine's going to be like (:

Ah, I think some of them they have 2 different rows for what the days like depending what modules you're doing or something like that, did you have to pick modules? Are you not doing straight LLB then cos that one seems fine? https://admin.exeter.ac.uk/academic/timetable/tt/2012/programme/show_prog_tt.php
If not I guess we'll just have to wait until we get the real thing :tongue:

I do modules across 3 departments lol!

See post above re. 10th Sept

xx
Reply 984
How do we pick which modules we want to do? I've received nothing telling me how...
Original post by shazfp
I'm studying Law :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Awesome! Can't wait! Although I must say, I've never studied the subject before! :P
Reply 986
Original post by _N_
How do we pick which modules we want to do? I've received nothing telling me how...

Depends what subject you're doing? Some modules ie law, drama are all compulsory for first year so no choices to be made. This may be the case for you.

Reply 987
If you just type in 'Exeter module timetables' to google you'll find it. Then pick your module, select all weeks and view timetable. Where you see loads of things at the same time, that's workshops, for which you're divided into groups of about 12. You have one of these every 3 weeks for each module (except foundations?) these are the ones that have 'Law1003_W/2 etc' the W stands for workshop - what you're looking for is 'Law1003_L1/01' for example- L stands for lecture. So, for criminal law, you have Monday 12-1 and Friday 3-4.

If that makes any sense at all!

Reply 988
That is law1003 (criminal) L3 (lecture) T2 (term 2) and 01-11 (weeks 1 to 11) :smile: yeah can only search 1 at a time, your individual one is much easier to understand and includes everything.

Reply 989
Anyone studying Clinical Science?

Join our facebook page and meet fellow Clincs! https://www.facebook.com/groups/349845845097891/

We are looking forward to hearing from you!
10th September
I'm an SSLC Chair so I have my ways :wink:
Reply 992
Original post by Kevin Wu
Awesome! Can't wait! Although I must say, I've never studied the subject before! :P

Oh don't worry! Me neither haha. Just hoping I won't spend the first few weeks in a state of complete confusion :P
Does anyone know when we'll get a list telling us what textbooks we need?
Reply 994
Original post by beckyvs
i'm in ransom pickard but single room and i'm worried about not having someone to talk to! but i'm very excited! :smile: what are people doing about wristbands for freshers week?

Aw hey! Have you joined any of the Ransom Pickard facebook pages? I'm not sure which one to join...do you know your room number?! I haven't got any wristbands or anything yet - really confused by it all!
Reply 995
Original post by JessyB
Aw hey! Have you joined any of the Ransom Pickard facebook pages? I'm not sure which one to join...do you know your room number?! I haven't got any wristbands or anything yet - really confused by it all!

i haven't got a room number yet and i joined the ransom pickard 2012-2013 group. the whole freshers week wristbands thing is seriously confusing- i don't know where to get them or what they'd be for!
Reply 996
Original post by earthisearthis
Logged into the myexeter thing today and this whole uni thing is suddenly feeling very real.

anyone else doing english or lafrowda block c? would be nice to have a chat :smile:

Hey I'm doing English and I'm in Lafrowda but block R :smile: how are you? you picked your modules yet?
Reply 997
So at the risk of sounding like an absolute moron, does anyone know what happens on Wednesday afternoons or what their significance is?

I've just picked my modules and there's a question at the bottom asking me if I want Wednesday afternoons off, and I honestly have no idea. Should I just tick "yes" just in case?
Original post by echolot_
So at the risk of sounding like an absolute moron, does anyone know what happens on Wednesday afternoons or what their significance is?

I've just picked my modules and there's a question at the bottom asking me if I want Wednesday afternoons off, and I honestly have no idea. Should I just tick "yes" just in case?

I believe that Wednesday afternoons is when most of the Exeter sports societies/clubs hold their training sessions. So if you're planning on joining netball or badmin or swimming, rugby, football etc, then yeah you will probably want Wednesday afternoons off.

Reply 999
Original post by sophisticated
I believe that Wednesday afternoons is when most of the Exeter sports societies/clubs hold their training sessions. So if you're planning on joining netball or badmin or swimming, rugby, football etc, then yeah you will probably want Wednesday afternoons off.

Ah, okay thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending