The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Not received emails/letters

So my friend who put York as his firm for Philosophy has received an email yesterday r.e. setting up an email address etc at York, and today he received a letter with an information pack et cetera.

I on the other hand have received neither, but I am doing CompSci/York was my insurance.

So....should I just wait patiently or what? :ninjagirl:

Do they deal with people who put York as their firm first? Or is this sort of stuff sorted out by departments for some reason? etc etc :colonhash:
I got mine today. So I guess there just being sent out on a running process. If it doesn't arrive soon though, I'd chase it up.
University of York
York
Reply 2
I'm doing compsci & maths (York was my firm), and I haven't received anything either. I guess we just have to wait.
Reply 3
Waiting it is :proud:
Reply 4
I've got the email today, but I'm still waiting for the information pack. I'm doing philosophy and york was my firm.
Reply 5
There's no rush. Just wait, it's possible they've already sent it out but it's caught up in the mailroom still. If you haven't heard/received anything within a week, say, then try phoning up your department.
Reply 6
I am doing computer science with embedded systems and i recieved the register online mail a week ago and one yesterday regarding the paper forms that should arrive home.They said i should have them in a week or so.I am from Romania though so those that live in UK should have them in a few days.:smile:
Reply 7
i hvnt got email or anything yet either
Reply 8
My friend, who is doing Computer Sci, recieved his today.
Reply 9
i got an email about computer accounts and then post about accomodation etc. but i didnt get an email about them recieving my application for accomodation..... anyone else not got one?
Reply 10
I did get an email confirming that they'd received my accommodation form in the post, but it was in my junk folder, so maybe that's where it is...?
Reply 11
i still havent received my confirmation email about receiving my accommodation form and i sent it last saturday by first class post. has anyone else not received theirs still???
I haven't received my accommodation forms. :frown:
Called them up, and they told me to print off the form from the website and email &/or send it.
richunited
i still havent received my confirmation email about receiving my accommodation form and i sent it last saturday by first class post. has anyone else not received theirs still???

I haven't got the email either
Have many other people recieved emails? When I registered with UCAS and sorted out all the university stuff I used my school address, but since leaving they've very kindly disabled my account and I can't log in any more. Buggers.

I should probably give York a ring tomorrow, really. Would I be best phoning admissions?
Ziggy_Stardust
Have many other people recieved emails? When I registered with UCAS and sorted out all the university stuff I used my school address, but since leaving they've very kindly disabled my account and I can't log in any more. Buggers.

I should probably give York a ring tomorrow, really. Would I be best phoning admissions?

Yes, I'd think so. :smile:

& nice subject choice.
there isn't a deadline for the university ID card is there?
Reply 17
I believe you get given it when you pick up your keys, so yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending