The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ed.
Sorry- sarcasm is hard to pick up online :o:
usually, yes

this one was blatantly obvious though :tongue:
Reply 41
I Am Jacks...
No, there are enough of you here already. Stay in the United Arab Emirates. The only reason you lot want to be doctors anyway is a) parental pressure so your parents can say "oooh yes my sons a doctor", or b) you want lots of money. Good luck and goodbye.

In all honesty we shouldn't complain about brains coming to England- better the brain drain comes to here than America.
Reply 42
No, there are enough of you here already. Stay in the United Arab Emirates. The only reason you lot want to be doctors anyway is a) parental pressure so your parents can say "oooh yes my sons a doctor", or b) you want lots of money. Good luck and goodbye.

wtf is your problem man...how do you whats inside his mind. Secondly, if it was his parents putting pressure on him, would HE be coming here and asking for help on what to do. Also, i dont see any problem in a person wanting to get a high salary (or do you have any problem in that too???!!!!!).
Reply 43
hey guys nothig is wrong with the title.ppl told me that students with iraqi passport are not easily admitted so i just wanted to write it on the title that i am arab.so for those who are not interested in arab admission procesess DO NOT BOTHER
Reply 44
I Am Jacks...

thats very cliche-ed and wrong

you dont even know the guy or his parents to say that his parents are pressuring him. what about you? are you being pressured???

secondly, he has lots of money already otherwise he wouldnt be able to afford the fees. :rolleyes:
Reply 45
static-x
hey guys nothig is wrong with the title.ppl told me that students with iraqi passport are not easily admitted so i just wanted to write it on the title that i am arab.so for those who are not interested in arab admission procesess DO NOT BOTHER

Ahlan wa sahlan bro! I'm iraqi too :biggrin:
If I were you i would research which unis tend to admit more international students than others for medicine, so that you have a fair chance of being offered a place. Also, a few emails to universities that you may be considering regarding your status as an international student could help to clarify the situation.
A word of warning, research uni entry requirements well- e.g. don't apply to Birmingham uni as they are very strict on gcse requirements (rumours are that you need 7/8 A* gcses to get accepted)
Also- if you haven't already left school is it possible for you to sit GCSE/A-Level Arabic (Edexcel exam board) as for you it will be a really A/A* grade and could boost your academic record?
If you have any more queries please feel free to pm me, I hopefully will be applying this October too.
*Princess*
Reply 46
kates:)
I'm not familiar with the charity you're talking of.
Things like volunteering to help with disabled people is always good, shows your compassionate side. Ask to shadow a GP. Get a few days in a department you are interested in at a hospital. Things like this. Percentage of your salary for me when you've qualified and earning lots.

Simple! :p:

Its the Red Cross - they don't use the cross symbol in some countries in case of causing religious offence. Instead they use a crescent symbol.:smile:
Im sick of this - coming over here and taking our jobs
Reply 48
Sigh what is with the flippin offensive comments. Seriously, i thought TSR was full of academically brillaint people who actually help people rather than abuse them but as soon as the word 'arab' is mentioned the stereotypes start to appear!

he simply asked for help and you reply in such a way?
Reply 49
SusDev
I am sorry but arabs are not allowed to study medicine in the uk.

you suk you racist
Why are people being so offensive? :eek:

I would also suggest ringing the universities up. It can't hurt to try, and somewhere is bound to take you :smile:
Reply 51
motiv3
Sigh what is with the flippin offensive comments. Seriously, i thought TSR was full of academically brillaint people who actually help people rather than abuse them but as soon as the word 'arab' is mentioned the stereotypes start to appear!

he simply asked for help and you reply in such a way?

i thought that too.
and by the way i am not arab i am KURDISH from KURDISTAN but i didnt write because some stupid members do not know who we are.:mad:
any way i really need help because med schools in our region are not good and since i have marks that are acceptable by some of unis in uk i thought it would be a good idea to apply,thats all.
I cant believe how pathetic some of you on this thread are to the OP. For **** sake.

Hiya OP,

That is fab that you want to study medicine, I really recommend you calling up the universities themselves or post on the university forums specifically to get the help you need in regards to studying medicine.
It is best to speak to the institution themselves than posting on TSR and getting ****ty responses.

good luck and I hope you get in.
Reply 53
*Princess*
Ahlan wa sahlan bro! I'm iraqi too :biggrin:
If I were you i would research which unis tend to admit more international students than others for medicine, so that you have a fair chance of being offered a place. Also, a few emails to universities that you may be considering regarding your status as an international student could help to clarify the situation.
A word of warning, research uni entry requirements well- e.g. don't apply to Birmingham uni as they are very strict on gcse requirements (rumours are that you need 7/8 A* gcses to get accepted)
Also- if you haven't already left school is it possible for you to sit GCSE/A-Level Arabic (Edexcel exam board) as for you it will be a really A/A* grade and could boost your academic record?
If you have any more queries please feel free to pm me, I hopefully will be applying this October too.
*Princess*

ya hala:biggrin: , finally some one is offering real help.
yosy
wag1

Oh dear :unsure: :erm:
Just stay in your own country and become a doctor there, I got nothing wrong with that. We have plenty of our own doctors. And as said above, arabs arent allowed to study medicine in the UK.
I Am Jacks...
Just stay in your own country and become a doctor there, I got nothing wrong with that. We have plenty of our own doctors. And as said above, arabs arent allowed to study medicine in the UK.

How pathetic can you get?

Listen you bastard, Stop echoing the idiots on this thread, have a mind of your own and stay out of this thread if you have nothing useful to say, ****ing ****.
This thread is bringing out the worst of britain.
Reply 58
static-x
ya hala:biggrin: , finally some one is offering real help.

i offered help too :confused: (see my earlier post)
Reply 59
malaz_197
i offered help too :confused: (see my earlier post)

my bad i didnt notice,anyway thnx for ur help:biggrin:

and btw wat school were u in AD(i live in abu dhabi too):smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending