The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
BeetleBum
Hi there,

Anyone else studying Graphic Design & Communication this year? (starting 2008)

If you are, I was wondering what materials people are planning to bring? Are you bringing full on paints, inks, stencils, etc. or will you just buy it as you need it there?

Hi. I'll be studying graphic design too :smile: I'm just gonna bring everything i've got at home. ( imac, digital camera, lots of paper/card, scrapbook materials, trimmer....) You won't need full on paint sets- i did graphic design as an a-level and i rarely used them.

What accommodation have you been allocated to? xx
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Ah good! Thanks for letting me know. I did foundation in art and design and I accumulated so much art supplies... it's ridiculous.

I am in Carr Mills. How about you?
Reply 3
I'm in Bodington...quite disappointed as it wasn't my first choice and i really wanted an en-suite. Was carr mills your first choice? x
Reply 4
Bodington sounds like so much fun! It is a little far but I hear the bus rides are legendary :smile: Carr Mills wasn't my first choice. I wanted to go to Dev. I said my priority is en-suite. So I guess thats how they work it out. To be honest, I was a little upset at first because Carr Mills seems a little out of the way and I wasn't sure how social it would be. But, I guess it is really what you make of it. If all else fails you can change after two weeks.... what was your first choice?
Reply 5
Devonshire was my first choice, en-suite and catered. Guess they concentrated on my catered preference.
So where do you live? x
Reply 6
Ah how weird. I applied for exactly the same as you, yet got placed somewhere completely different. I have no idea how they do this. At the moment I live in Sunningdale, Berkshire (just outside of London). How about you? x
Reply 7
I live in Carshalton, Surrey...just outside of london too.
So are you feeling nervous about being so far away from home? x
Reply 8
very! Leeds is pretty far up north. How do you feel about everything? I think its all quite exciting and quite overwhelming. Have you lived away from home before?

Also, do you have facebook?

My name is Maya Adir :smile: x
Reply 9
Hi again :smile: No I've never lived away from home before. I went on holiday with my friends 2 years ago for 2 weeks but that's different cos I was with people I knew. I don't know anyone going to Leeds! I am excited though, just have to see what happens!

Yea, I'll add you on facebook, I just created a new profile. x
Reply 10
I'm Karen btw :smile:

Latest