The Student Room Group

PwC Technology Flying Start Degree Apprenticeship 2021

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, i work at a big 4 and got through the newest application process, i have uploaded a video with tips to help you guys about each stage of the application process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRIb9mN3nTo
Reply 41
Did anyone do the Career Unlocked game? How did you find it? I'm about to do mine!
Original post by anon312
Did anyone do the Career Unlocked game? How did you find it? I'm about to do mine!

Going to do mine tomorrow probably!
Has anyone been progressed to Video Interview?
Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins

No have you?
Reply 45
Original post by Conorcliffordd
Going to do mine tomorrow probably!

How did you guys find the game? I found some bits of it hard and I ended up getting 8124. I'm not sure how good of a score this was and I'm interested to see how you all did.

Also, you probably won't hear back from them until February since, after doing the game, I got an email saying that they will confirm whether I go onto the next stage of the application a week after the deadline for the game to be submitted (which is the first of February).
Reply 46
Well done! I didn't receive an email for the video interview so I probably didn't get a video interview - I also completed it on Friday. I didn't realise I did so badly in the game. Did you mean you got a score of 10,000? That seems way more reasonable to get invited for an interview.
Original post by anon312
Well done! I didn't receive an email for the video interview so I probably didn't get a video interview - I also completed it on Friday. I didn't realise I did so badly in the game. Did you mean you got a score of 10,000? That seems way more reasonable to get invited for an interview.

No, I literally got 10,000.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 48
No, I literally got 1000 (one thousand points).

That's so weird I thought it was impossible to get 1000 points (there were 2 parts where you got 1000 points just for completing that stage). Anyways, well done and good luck for your interview! When do you need to do it by?
I completed it on Friday and just got an email saying I passed the test and been invited to video interview. I got a score of 1000. I don't know how I passed I done sh*t in the test

did you get the offer to start ur application from Birmingham or Leeds can I ask?
Original post by anon312
How did you guys find the game? I found some bits of it hard and I ended up getting 8124. I'm not sure how good of a score this was and I'm interested to see how you all did.

Also, you probably won't hear back from them until February since, after doing the game, I got an email saying that they will confirm whether I go onto the next stage of the application a week after the deadline for the game to be submitted (which is the first of February).

did you get the offer to start ur application from Birmingham or Leeds can I ask?
Reply 51
Original post by _sharmila_t

I applied to Leeds. Where did you apply?
Original post by anon312
I applied to Leeds. Where did you apply?

both Leeds and Birmingham, got the offer from Leeds but waiting on bham!
Reply 53
both Leeds and Birmingham, got the offer from Leeds but waiting on bham!

Ahhh okay - how far have you got with your application? Did you do the game?
Original post by anon312
Ahhh okay - how far have you got with your application? Did you do the game?

nah not yet, I thought I'd wait on Birmingham before I started but now I'm thinking I might just go ahead and do it. did it take you long to prepare?
Reply 55
nah not yet, I thought I'd wait on Birmingham before I started but now I'm thinking I might just go ahead and do it. did it take you long to prepare?

Tbh you can't really prepare for the game. I would recommend that you just do the game since there's no harm in doing it earlier than receiving the Birmingham offer.
Original post by anon312
Tbh you can't really prepare for the game. I would recommend that you just do the game since there's no harm in doing it earlier than receiving the Birmingham offer.

but there's other tests you need to do though at the same time right? like the numerical and logical reasoning?
Original post by anon312
That's so weird I thought it was impossible to get 10000 points (there were 2 parts where you got 1000 points just for completing that stage). Anyways, well done and good luck for your interview! When do you need to do it by?

Cheers.

It says complete ASAP
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 58
but there's other tests you need to do though at the same time right? like the numerical and logical reasoning?

There wasn't much logical reasoning and for the maths part you could practice going over GCSE level maths since there is a numerical part at the end (maybe try improving your speed?)
Original post by anon312
There wasn't much logical reasoning and for the maths part you could practice going over GCSE level maths since there is a numerical part at the end (maybe try improving your speed?)

hello, is there a verbal reasoning section? Thx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending