The Student Room Group

PwC Technology Flying Start Degree Apprenticeship 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hetalselva
hello, is there a verbal reasoning section? Thx

haven't done it yet but I don't think they mention anything about a verbal reasoning test x
Original post by anon312
There wasn't much logical reasoning and for the maths part you could practice going over GCSE level maths since there is a numerical part at the end (maybe try improving your speed?)

oh right, yeah will get some maths practice in, thanks!
I think around 8000 is average.
When I did the insight week one last year I got 8400 and was told that was a high score for school leavers and flying start.
Reply 63
Original post by Conorcliffordd
I think around 8000 is average.
When I did the insight week one last year I got 8400 and was told that was a high score for school leavers and flying start.

Thanks for letting me know! That definitely makes me feel a lot better. How did you do?
Original post by anon312
Thanks for letting me know! That definitely makes me feel a lot better. How did you do?

Going to do it tomorrow :smile:
I’ll let you know
Reply 65
Going to do it tomorrow :smile:
I’ll let you know

Good luck!
Original post by anon312
Good luck!

Just did it.
Found memory part difficult and some other parts but one I found hardest was the last one, numerical where I only got up to 13/18 :/
Hopefully I did better than I thought.
Overall score was 8528
I don’t think score matters too much though.
Reply 67
Just did it.
Found memory part difficult and some other parts but one I found hardest was the last one, numerical where I only got up to 13/18 :/
Overall score was 8528

That's a great score! Yeah I really hope that these scores don't matter too much. I guessed some answers on the numerical part, which I regret doing now. Hopefully, we get through to the next round.
Original post by anon312
That's a great score! Yeah I really hope that these scores don't matter too much. I guessed some answers on the numerical part, which I regret doing now. Hopefully, we get through to the next round.

Hopefully good luck to you and let me know if you get through👍
Just did it.
Overall score was 8528

I don't think 13/18 is too bad, I feel like a lot of people find timing a bit tricky w numerical. well done!
Original post by _sharmila_t
I don't think 13/18 is too bad, I feel like a lot of people find timing a bit tricky w numerical. well done!

I guessed 2 though too.
Reckon I’ll get 11/18 in total.
I had one question that was so hard and took like 3 minutes
Honestlyy I’ve done some practice ones and some aren’t exactly hard but proper tedious. The fact that they expect u to do them in like a minute or less is mental. Your overall score sounds great all the same tho so I’m sure you’ve done well :smile:
Original post by _sharmila_t
Honestlyy I’ve done some practice ones and some aren’t exactly hard but proper tedious. The fact that they expect u to do them in like a minute or less is mental. Your overall score sounds great all the same tho so I’m sure you’ve done well :smile:

Thanks have u done ur test?
Boys, I got an offer to start my application for Leeds PWC degree apprenticeship a couple of weeks ago, but nothing has been sent to me from Birmingham (for the same PWC flying start), should I be worried, did anyone get instructions from UoB yet? Also, since I am applying to both Leeds and Birmingham, I just need to do the game, interview etc... once right?
Original post by Cruel Sun
Boys, I got an offer to start my application for Leeds PWC degree apprenticeship a couple of weeks ago, but nothing has been sent to me from Birmingham (for the same PWC flying start), should I be worried, did anyone get instructions from UoB yet? Also, since I am applying to both Leeds and Birmingham, I just need to do the game, interview etc... once right?

Same, I asked abt that at a virtual open day for the tech PwC flying start at UoB yesterday, they said 83 people have got through to the next application stage at UoB so far and we’ll hear from them by Monday I think. They did say as well that we only apply once so if ur ready to start just click on the link for Leeds even if you’d prefer UoB x
Thanks have u done ur test?

not yet might do it in a bit
Original post by Lerooooy Jenkins
I completed it on Friday and just got an email saying I passed the test and been invited to video interview. I got a score of 1000. I don't know how I passed I done sh*t in the test

Just done it, got 8204 and they emailed saying they wouldn’t come back to say if I got a video interview until after the deadline in feb, did u get that email?
Hi , how many points of the game did you need to pass
Hi, how many points did you need in the game to pass
Original post by kammak743
Sorry, not another person thinking of applying but I am currently a second year student on the programme at Leeds. So if anyone at any point on this thread wants to ask questions then feel free.
After the initial application to PwC, are there any tests before the game? Or is it just application, game and then if invited you have the interview and then the assessment day/centre?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending