The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Southampton will worth a try
Reply 2
insainet
Southampton will worth a try

Thanks pal. Do u know how good surrey is for engineering?
Reply 3
I'm not sure, but from the times ranking or whatever it is, surrey was ranked ridiculously high. Thus definitely worth a try as well, you've got 5 choices, what is it gonna hurt ?
Southampton :yep:
Reply 6
jonnythemoose
Southampton :yep:

Seconded :awesome:
Reply 7
Birmingham, Southampton and QMUL are all good for Electrical Engineering. (Speaking as an Electrical Engineering student in Birmingham...) Birmingham still have spaces as well.
Reply 8
Sheffield is suppose to be highly regarded also
Reply 9
Leeds, Southampton would want AAB i think. Leeds is very competitive too but if you like the electronic engineering side they are really great for that. Also there's imperial but they ask for AAA. Also there's Edinburgh and Bristol.
Reply 10
York?
Reply 11
Pixels
Leeds, Southampton would want AAB i think. Leeds is very competitive too but if you like the electronic engineering side they are really great for that. Also there's imperial but they ask for AAA. Also there's Edinburgh and Bristol.

Surely with those grades he can get predicted AABB or even AAAB?
Reply 12
imhiya
York?

Yea, yorks good too.
Reply 13
rbilling
Surely with those grades he can get predicted AABB or even AAAB?

I presume he has finished A-levels :confused:
Reply 14
insainet
I presume he has finished A-levels :confused:

I assume that he's applying at the end of ASs. Clearly we must settle this with an honourable fight-to-the-death.
Reply 15
Bath is also highly rated.
Reply 16
rbilling
I assume that he's applying at the end of ASs. Clearly we must settle this with an honourable fight-to-the-death.

:rolleyes:

I have completed my A-levels this June and am applying through clearing. I already got accepted into Manchester and Surrey, but since I am international, I (think) don't have enough time to get a visa to attend 2008 entry. So I'm planning to re-apply for 2009 entry. I know I could re-sit some of the units in Jan, but I'm worried the universities may turn their backs against me if I complete my A-levels in 2.5 years, even with AAA.
dude u got ABBB, if these are u r A/level grades, then i dont see why u r not considering UCL.if u chked their site,minimum requirement was AAA-ABB. Just make u r PS really amazing. iam going to apply for EE with nanotechnology in UCL for 2009
Reply 18
tcm1106
Birmingham, Southampton and QMUL are all good for Electrical Engineering. (Speaking as an Electrical Engineering student in Birmingham...) Birmingham still have spaces as well.

Does Birmingham offer sandwich option in Electrical Engineering?
Reply 19
BadExaminee
Does Birmingham offer sandwich option in Electrical Engineering?

They do yes. There are several different 'streams' as well. (i.e. Electrical Eng, Electrical & Computer Eng, Computer Systems Eng, Communications Systems Eng, etc.)

Latest