The Student Room Group

Dame Alice owens?

So ik the grades there are way better compared to Woodhouse (I got accepted into both and am very torn) but does anyone know what dame Alice is like in terms of social life? Is the amount of work they give u insane and are there more extracurriculars at dame slice compared to Woodhouse? Also if ure going into year 12 at DAO this year what’s everyone like and is ure year close?
Original post by Abster79293
So ik the grades there are way better compared to Woodhouse (I got accepted into both and am very torn) but does anyone know what dame Alice is like in terms of social life? Is the amount of work they give u insane and are there more extracurriculars at dame slice compared to Woodhouse? Also if ure going into year 12 at DAO this year what’s everyone like and is ure year close?

Surely your place depends on your GCSE results and will only be confirmed then?

Hi!! I go to Dame alice going into year 12 in 2 days!! Did you get in?
Reply 3
Original post by anushka098765
Hi!! I go to Dame alice going into year 12 in 2 days!! Did you get in?

Hello, just wondering how you are getting on at DAOS. What subjects are you doing for A-Levels?
And if you can help out with the curriculum discussions - got mine next week and would love to know what this is about.
Original post by EleniT
Hello, just wondering how you are getting on at DAOS. What subjects are you doing for A-Levels?
And if you can help out with the curriculum discussions - got mine next week and would love to know what this is about.

Hi i’ve been at Dame Alice for the last 6 years and yes i am currently in year 12 there now. I am studying chemistry physics and maths. Obviously i haven’t been able to have the full sixth form experience due to covid but of what i have had i am really enjoying it. Everyone keeps to themselves in year 12 and it is a great environment to be in. Which aspects are you interested in knowing? I can answer your questions.
Reply 5
Original post by anushka098765
Hi i’ve been at Dame Alice for the last 6 years and yes i am currently in year 12 there now. I am studying chemistry physics and maths. Obviously i haven’t been able to have the full sixth form experience due to covid but of what i have had i am really enjoying it. Everyone keeps to themselves in year 12 and it is a great environment to be in. Which aspects are you interested in knowing? I can answer your questions.

I've had my discussion meeting last week and went really well.

I am also going to do Maths, Physics and Chemistry and possibly a 4th subject (DT), but only if that is included in the offer.
It's a shame that you are not on side, but hopefully you will be also back to school soon.

Thanks for coming back to me. Just interested to know about the teachers for these subjects, how are you finding them? Do they help if you need them?

Also did you know others who joined at 6th form, from your own school or elsewhere and were you accepted, did you make new friends, am a bit worried about leaving my current school but at the same time, excited for a fresh start.
Reply 6
currently in year 11 at daos is it worth staying or should i go to woodhouse (I've been accepted by both) the social life in potters bar is not the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending