The Student Room Group

Next Interview

Hi,

I understand quite a few members on this part of the site are employees of Next - I have got an interview with them on Monday and was wondering what questions they may ask?

I know the basic customer service Q&A but do they ask for complex examples in questions or is it fairly relaxed but formal?

Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
They just really ask about what you think is good customer service, what you would do when the shop wasn't as busy etc, how you would cope if you didn't know how to do something...
Um quite a lot of the questions are similar to be honest, they just read off a card lol. You'll be fine it's quite relaxed.
How would you handle a customer complaint? What would you do if a customer order hadn't arrived and they desperately needed the item? Erm, how would you deal with busy periods when customers just literally want to get in and out?

Those types of questions really. Oh and they'll ask about how you'd keep motivated as it can sometimes be very repetitive etc.

Good luck!
Reply 3
I went for my interview in Next today. The process has recently changed according to the woman I was interviewed by.

She reviewed my application in front of me, I filled in a quick questionnaire and then I was asked to expand upon one of the answers I had given (why it is important to make the customer the priority). I was then taken down onto the shop floor and asked to spend five minutes working on the fitting rooms there. It was all very friendly and relaxed. I really hope I get the job!
sar112
I went for my interview in Next today. The process has recently changed according to the woman I was interviewed by.

She reviewed my application in front of me, I filled in a quick questionnaire and then I was asked to expand upon one of the answers I had given (why it is important to make the customer the priority). I was then taken down onto the shop floor and asked to spend five minutes working on the fitting rooms there. It was all very friendly and relaxed. I really hope I get the job!

hey how did you get an interview could you tell me the answers
Reply 5
Original post by sar112

Original post by sar112

did you get the job then?
Reply 6
So did you get the job? How long did it take for NEXT to call you back?
Reply 7
i've got an interview tomorrow in Next and i was wondering if black skinny jeans, a blouse and fur coat with biker boots is okay to wear?
I think you should dress a bit more formally. Definitely no jeans.

There's a megathread for Next employees lurking about, just check that out :smile:
Reply 9
I got the job! Basically Next are more about trends than being formal or not.. Black skinny jeans are the way forward :biggrin:
I had an interview for Next Christmas Temp today, the interview went well and the lady said she will call me up if i got the job but the lady who was meant to interview me was off sick but that lady said I should bring my NI number, Passport and Birth Certificate but the lady who interviewed me instead didn't ask for it :s-smilie: does that mean I didn't get the job? She said she would call me up if I got the job and the interview was at 2 and it's nearly 6 now. Am I being too impatient :rolleyes:
Reply 11
I have an interview with them tommorow. Anyone have any advice in terms of the process, answering questions and what to wear?
Reply 12
Hi guys, I have an interview at Next tomorrow. Advice anyone, thank you :smile:
I have an interview at Next on Saturday for an apprenticeship and I'm wondering if the questions will be any different with it being an apprenticeship and tips on what to wear, need answers quick!!
I've just come back from my Next 'interview' which was really bad in all honesty.

There were 2 others going for the job, there were no questions we were just put on different sections on the shop floor for over an hour. I was told to interact with customers. So I said 'Hiya, you alright' to everyone, asked if they needed any help but most said they were fine so I told them to let me know if they needed anything. After I had spoken to every person there was nothing else to do but keep looking around to see if anyone looked like they needed help. I tried to hold conversations although the customers clearly just wanted to be left alone to shop. One of the other people going for the job was a lad who got to use the tills so I'm sure he didn't struggle to help people.

Anyway they told me straight away that I didn't get the job because I looked 'lost'. Maybe I was just unlucky with where I applied. (East Midlands Designer outlet) and they gave me a £10 gift card and £10 cash so I suppose it wasn't all bad haha.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't understand I get shortlisted every time and then the unsuccessful email?... I once got a call from Next but they said you had to be 18 due to the shifts that needed to be done after 10pm :frown:. That was my only chance god I hate my life I wish could die early......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending