The Student Room Group

Face coverings in class

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bumble18
I wear glasses and have found using soft twist plant ties as a wire in a reusable mask gets a really snug fit and stops them fogging!

Ooh thank you for the tip! I'll try that :biggrin:
When/if your classes resume in September, would you voluntarily wear a face covering if not mandatory?

yes, for safety
I would but government guidelines are saying that schools shouldn’t use masks 🤦*♀️
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
I would but government guidelines are saying that schools shouldn’t use masks 🤦*♀️

Use common sense, the guidelines are just a guide.
Original post by DiddyDec
Use common sense, the guidelines are just a guide.

My school isn’t allowing them. They say we have to take them off when we walk into school 🤷*♀️
I would not wear a face covering if it was not mandatory at my university. I presume it will be mandatory in the lab, though.
My school isn’t allowing them. They say we have to take them off when we walk into school 🤷*♀️

They can't make you take them off and enforcing a rule of no masks is just ****ing stupid.
In my school it is mandatory to wear masks. I am in secondary school btw.
My uni have said we have to wear masks 'to and from the buildings, and inside the building as advised'. I'm going to have a couple so I can interchange them.
I tend to wear them outside anyway (unless there's literally no one around), so it's not a really a huge thing for me.
They can't make you take them off and enforcing a rule of no masks is just ****ing stupid.

It’s very stupid, I agree. But I also don’t want to get in trouble lol. I might try wearing it and see if I get told off. My school is pretty chill but i dont know how strict they will be about the virus.
No way! I am too handsome to cover this face! I like girls checking me out.
It’s very stupid, I agree. But I also don’t want to get in trouble lol. I might try wearing it and see if I get told off. My school is pretty chill but i dont know how strict they will be about the virus.

They won't have a leg to stand on if they try to stop you being safe.
Original post by Sinnoh
I'll wear one when I'm at uni, at this point it's just good manners

Coverin one's mouth when coughin was considered good manners at one point. Now it's wearin a mask and sneezin through it like some blasted filter. How times do change...
I wear glasses and have found using soft twist plant ties as a wire in a reusable mask gets a really snug fit and stops them fogging!

You wonderful person, I’m forever thankful for your wisdom :adore:
When/if your classes resume in September, would you voluntarily wear a face covering if not mandatory?

Idk in our school we’re not allowed to even wear them on school property???
Why is this even a discussion?
Of course, I have decided to buy a cute baby blue mask (which takes filters of course) so it doesn't look intimidating.
I am lucky that I am confident, I know I will be the odd man out, but I really just don't care.
Hopefully, I'll encourage a few people to wear them...
Reply 36
Original post by Destinex
Why is this even a discussion?
Of course, I have decided to buy a cute baby blue mask (which takes filters of course) so it doesn't look intimidating.
I am lucky that I am confident, I know I will be the odd man out, but I really just don't care.
Hopefully, I'll encourage a few people to wear them...

I was hoping this thread would encourage those who want to wear one but don’t want to be the ‘odd one out’ to wear one. I was certainly in this position, but now 100% plan to wear one as I know other people across the country will be wearing one to class, even if people in my class aren’t
i would wear one if i wasnt the only one
i hope everyone else wears one tbh
why risk it?

I am a CEO of Amazon i don't wear facemasks

But this is the same british school system that makes students ask permission to take off their jumper/blazer, along with loads of other, well, ****ing stupid, rules. I have very low expectations of them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending