The Student Room Group

Face coverings in class

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Goldie-Is-King
great great great great great great great......leave me alone:frown:

I'm not angry at you - this is a hard situation. You do what you want,
but when it comes to other people - you have a responsibility to protect the senior population.
Possibly. School is a very stressful place for me to begin with, im unsure whether I'd be able to cope with a mask as well
I don't know, I've found wearing a mask for 6 hours straight at work makes me wheeze/cough and need to use my inhaler, but I think it would be OK for an hour lecture if needed
Original post by Destinex
I'm not angry at you - this is a hard situation. You do what you want,
but when it comes to other people - you have a responsibility to protect the senior population.

do what you like and keep worrying but dont worry others please
Original post by DiddyDec
I would have straight up refused. I have no time for unjustified authority that makes no logical sense.

100% agree, but i was unfortunately a slightly naïve and timid 14 year old. I guess thats why she felt like she could get away with that
I wouldn't wear a mask in class if I was in that situation. How can you chew a pen or gum?!
No, not in public nor at university. Only when inside a shop as it’s compulsory there.
Original post by Goldie-Is-King
do what you like and keep worrying but dont worry others please

I would rather worry people, so they don't catch a virus, rather than not worry people at all - and have them put at risk
I would rather worry people, so they don't catch a virus, rather than not worry people at all - and have them put at risk

your blocked now so I wont see anymore of your posts so do what you like:s-smilie:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 89
No I wouldn't , only where it's compulsory such as in supermarkets and I wear a bandana as a face covering.
@Deggs_14 So you only wear a mask if the government says so?
Reply 91
@Deggs_14 So you only wear a mask if the government says so?

Only if it’s the law, yes.
Original post by wastedcuriosity
I don't know, I've found wearing a mask for 6 hours straight at work makes me wheeze/cough and need to use my inhaler, but I think it would be OK for an hour lecture if needed

I think if you have asthma, you can get medical exemption from wearing a mask!
Reply 93
Original post by Deggs_14
No I wouldn't , only where it's compulsory such as in supermarkets and I wear a bandana as a face covering.

Why?
i dont think we need to but yeh i wont mind
Original post by peachyaesthetic
i dont think we need to but yeh i wont mind

46,628 deaths in UK.
305 deaths in Korea, wearing the mask is the social norm.
I think we should
Original post by Bumble18
When/if your classes resume in September, would you voluntarily wear a face covering if not mandatory?

Definitely not doing that.
Reply 97
Original post by Hoodlum123
Definitely not doing that.

Why not?
Original post by Bumble18
Why not?

Because it's not necessary.
Reply 99
Original post by Hoodlum123
Because it's not necessary.

What makes them not necessary?