The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Clearing and Adjustment thread 2020

This is a thread to discuss The University of York for Clearing 2020.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Get more information about Clearing on TSR and ask for advice here >>

And here >>

Good luck with everything!
Reply 1
Thank you!!
University of York
York
Clearing and Adjustment can be a confusing and nerve-wracking experience for students and those supporting them. We're here to answer any questions you might have in the lead-up to results day.

If you're a student and are confused about UCAS Clearing and Adjustment, our helpful guide will help you prepare: https://bit.ly/ClearingGuide2020

If you're a parent or supporter, take a look at our tips to help in the run-up to results day: https://bit.ly/SupportersClearingGuide2020

We want to ignite your true potential and help you make a difference in the world. Sign up for our Clearing 2020 vacancies alerts: https://bit.ly/ClearingAlerts2020

1200x675_ClearingandResultsDay19.jpg
Have you found yourself in Clearing? Perhaps you did better than you anticipated in your A levels? We have a limited number of places available for qualified students to join us in September 2020.

Our Clearing hotline will be open until 6pm today.

👀 Have a look at our vacancies and call us on +44 (0)1904 234868: https://bit.ly/ClearingVacancies2020

EfSEpsxX0AAIr8p.jpg
(edited 3 years ago)
If you're coming to us through Clearing and Adjustment, as soon as your academic place is confirmed you'll be able to apply for accommodation.

Our dedicated Accommodation Team are ready to help you find your home away from home. Find out more about your accommodation options: https://bit.ly/3kAyec1

1200x675_ClearingandResultsDay23.jpg
Do you have questions about what results day means for you? Keep an eye on our regularly updated FAQ page for all the information you'll need in your journey to join us at York.

1200x675_ClearingandResultsDay9.jpg
@CoffeeAndPolitics found another official York thread!
Reply 7
Original post by barror1
@CoffeeAndPolitics found another official York thread!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Hi
My son has York offer in clearing. Just curious to know how the uni handled Halls rentals for period when students returned home due to Covid. Did those in uni halls get refund.
Interested to know in case this is repeated next year.
Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by MadMathsMum
Hi
My son has York offer in clearing. Just curious to know how the uni handled Halls rentals for period when students returned home due to Covid. Did those in uni halls get refund.
Thanks

Hey, hope you and your son are doing well. Congratulations to him on getting a place at York. :smile:

Yes, I was one of the large number of students who returned home after the Spring term and didn't return for the Summer term due to Covid as all teaching was done online. We had to notify the uni that we wish to cancel our accommodation contract for the Summer term to avoid being charged for rent. I'm not sure if this applied to students who remained on campus and couldn't go home but the uni would've been in contact with those students to discuss arrangements. Tagging @barror1 as she remained on campus for the Summer term.

I can't give a definative answer whether similar arrangements will be repeated in the future due to Covid but can confirm that the uni is carefully monitoring the Covid situation and all Covid updates from the uni can be found here. Hope this helps! :h:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hey, hope you and your son are doing well. Congratulations to him on getting a place at York. :smile:

Yes, I was one of the large number of students who returned home after the Spring term and didn't return for the Summer term due to Covid as all teaching was done online. We had to notify the uni that we wish to cancel our accommodation contract for the Summer term to avoid being charged for rent. I'm not sure if this applied to students who remained on campus and couldn't go home but the uni would've been in contact with those students to discuss arrangements. Tagging @barror1 as she remained on campus for the Summer term.

I can't give a definative answer whether similar arrangements will be repeated in the future due to Covid but can confirm that the uni is carefully monitoring the Covid situation and all Covid updates from the uni can be found here. Hope this helps! :h:

Thank you!
Original post by MadMathsMum
Hi
Thanks

Hey! As @CoffeeAndPolitics mentioned I stayed in halls during April (the start of the summer term) and have been in York since March.
I would say that the university handled the situation really well. All of the people I knew who left campus either didn't pay their rent back or got it refunded (where applicable). I moved out to live with my partner in April and still managed to get rent payments refunded (since I was asthmatic/shielding at the start of the outbreak they were super accepting).
That being said, collection of belongings did take a while but you could easily take all the stuff when faced with a second outbreak or just make sure that you pack all of the essentials when you leave :smile:
Hope this helps and that your son enjoys York!

Quick Reply

Latest