The Student Room Group
Why don't you ask dvla?????

Found the link in 1 minute by just going on the DVLA website, now you do the same :rolleyes:
Reply 2
My license photo was taken by a tiny woman with terrible eyesight and in poor lighting. Therefore, it's looking directly up my nose and the light makes it appear that I have a giant Al-Quaeda style beard. Who cares? It's a crappy B&W photo that a bouncer sees for half a second - does it seriously bother you that much, and is it worth the expense and hassle to send it away to be changed?
Reply 3
Bavarian Motor Works
Why don't you ask dvla?????

Found the link in 1 minute by just going on the DVLA website, now you do the same :rolleyes:

Yeah, I did that Mr Roll-Your-Eyes, and I found a link about changing your photo, but the protocol for that seems to be that the DVLA send you out a renewal form when your photo is 10 years old.

If you can't help soft lad then don't post.
Reply 4
Oh I wish I could do that, mine's truly awful.
say youve lost your liscense :ninja:
my driving instructor told me to do that when i said my picture was awful.

when my mum changed her liscense they told her to put in her passpost number and they used her passport photo instead of her sending one in.
Martyn1989
Yeah, I did that Mr Roll-Your-Eyes, and I found a link about changing your photo, but the protocol for that seems to be that the DVLA send you out a renewal form when your photo is 10 years old.

If you can't help soft lad then don't post.

Then why don't you still ask DVLA if its possible ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Reply 7
You can get it changed when you want, and it costs £17.50.

Send off both parts of your licence and a D1 form completed with new photo to change it.
Sun!
You can get it changed when you want, and it costs £17.50.

Send off both parts of your licence and a D1 form completed with new photo to change it.

WARNING: I am about to hijack this thread. :wink:

This form was the bane of my life for nearly a year.

Despite 's' not looking anything like 'n', and having my passport, the DVLA still managed to spell "Adelisa" as "Adelina". (my middle name)

I sent them at least 5 of those D1, each one clearly indicating that I was changing the name on the license. Each time I got it back with a note that said "Name on license does not match name on form." Yes, that's why I've checked "Change name" as a reason for sending in the form.

I gave up in the end.
[QUOTE=my:favorite:things...;14164907]say youve lost your liscense :ninja:
my driving instructor told me to do that when i said my picture was awful.

when my mum changed her liscense they told her to put in her passpost number and they used her passport photo instead of her sending one in.

I'm replacing a licence I lost. I don't like the photo on my passport, is there a way to renew and change the photo at the same time? The online form formally asks for the passport number. The site said forms would need to be sent by mail to do this but when I got to the section to provide a photo, passport number was the only option available to me.

Do I have to renew my passport to change my photo or is there a paper process for this? Better yet, is there an online process for this?
I lost my license and gave my passport number which has a newer photo of myself.

They still used my old original driving license photo on the replacement... -.-
Bit of a big bump guys init.

You'll need to get forms to apply for a new passport/driving license (at the person who bumped) and fill in the form. There will be a section specifically concerning updating your photo alongside renewing your license/passport.

If you get stuck, the forms are usually acquired from the post office so just ask one of the staff there and they'll be able to help :tongue:
Hey, this thread is super old so I'm closing it now. :h: If you want to continue the conversation, it's best to start a new thread :yy: :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending