The Student Room Group

Telling parents about laser tattoo removal

I got my first tattoo about a week ago, it’s on my arm, I was so excited and I absolutely loved it for the first couple of days. But then I started to really hate it and it has started giving me so much anxiety about the fact this is on my body forever, I really have made a mistake. Also because it’s in such a visible place it’s really getting to me.. I have decided I would like to get it removed, it’s a smaller tattoo so it’s not as much money to get it laser removed, and I can afford it as the sessions are pay on the day and not pay for all of them at once. I don’t intend on starting the laser process until it’s healed over in about a month or so.. The thing that is giving me the most anxiety is my parents, as they did warn me about getting a tattoo and how my body is pure and I’m about to put something on it forever but I was so adamant that this is what I wanted.. They were okay with me getting the tattoo as long as it was what I wanted, but they did warn me. At the moment I never wanna get a tattoo ever again, and I really didn’t expect it to go this way, it hit me like a truck! I really don’t know how to tell my parents that I am wanting to get it removed as I am so scared they’ll be angry at me for not listening to them in the first place, which I am truly sorry for may I add, I really should’ve listened to them, but everyone makes dumb mistakes sometimes and I guess it’s just a live and learn situation. I’m planning to tell them nearer towards when I’m actually getting it done, just so I’m not saying it immediately after I got the tattoo and to give them a chance to ease into the tattoo. Any tips on how to break it to them? Because I’m really struggling. Thanks :smile:
Original post by lucyjamess
I got my first tattoo about a week ago, it’s on my arm, I was so excited and I absolutely loved it for the first couple of days. But then I started to really hate it and it has started giving me so much anxiety about the fact this is on my body forever, I really have made a mistake. Also because it’s in such a visible place it’s really getting to me.. I have decided I would like to get it removed, it’s a smaller tattoo so it’s not as much money to get it laser removed, and I can afford it as the sessions are pay on the day and not pay for all of them at once. I don’t intend on starting the laser process until it’s healed over in about a month or so.. The thing that is giving me the most anxiety is my parents, as they did warn me about getting a tattoo and how my body is pure and I’m about to put something on it forever but I was so adamant that this is what I wanted.. They were okay with me getting the tattoo as long as it was what I wanted, but they did warn me. At the moment I never wanna get a tattoo ever again, and I really didn’t expect it to go this way, it hit me like a truck! I really don’t know how to tell my parents that I am wanting to get it removed as I am so scared they’ll be angry at me for not listening to them in the first place, which I am truly sorry for may I add, I really should’ve listened to them, but everyone makes dumb mistakes sometimes and I guess it’s just a live and learn situation. I’m planning to tell them nearer towards when I’m actually getting it done, just so I’m not saying it immediately after I got the tattoo and to give them a chance to ease into the tattoo. Any tips on how to break it to them? Because I’m really struggling. Thanks :smile:

Just chill out and focus on more important things.
When you are in a better frame of mind, then explain to them you have decided they were right and you have booked to have it removed. Your body.
I mean, be ready for the "I told you so", you cant argue it because they were right lol.

If they supported you while getting the tattoo, they'll support it you taking it off dw. You'll tell them, they'll laugh and say I told you so, then they'll forget about it within a week. Don't overthink it.
Or you can choose not to tell them perhaps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending