The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Halifax band 3 shared bathroom york

So I've just got offered in place in a shared bathroom in Halifax in York. Wasn't high up my list and was hoping for an en-suite. I'm not a snob and can deal with that and am sure I will have a great time. Just curious what people's person experiences where like, what the social life is like? As I say wasn't high on my choices so was a bit deflating when I got it, so honest opinions unless it's actually crap 😂
Reply 1
Where was your first choice? What don't you like the sound of about Halifax?

Original post by LBT123
So I've just got offered in place in a shared bathroom in Halifax in York. Wasn't high up my list and was hoping for an en-suite. I'm not a snob and can deal with that and am sure I will have a great time. Just curious what people's person experiences where like, what the social life is like? As I say wasn't high on my choices so was a bit deflating when I got it, so honest opinions unless it's actually crap 😂
University of York
York
Reply 2
I believe it was vanbourgh. it's less about the actual collage (would have liked to have been closer as I'm lazy 😂) but more the shared bathroom. I've stayed in hostels abroad and shared with people before so I know I can handle it, just not something I was hoping to do for a full year 🤷 and I guess I'm also just interested if people enjoyed living in halifax? if there is anything I should know?
Reply 3
Original post by LBT123
I believe it was vanbourgh. it's less about the actual collage (would have liked to have been closer as I'm lazy 😂) but more the shared bathroom. I've stayed in hostels abroad and shared with people before so I know I can handle it, just not something I was hoping to do for a full year 🤷 and I guess I'm also just interested if people enjoyed living in halifax? if there is anything I should know?

Oh ok. I see. But do you not share a bathroom at home now with the people you live with? If so, it wouldnt be too different to that I guess?

Have you contacted the Accomodation team direct. Maybe mention you are sick with worry about the shared bathroom because of Covid? And see if that has any weight, and helps to get you moved to an en-suite?

Quick Reply

Latest