The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Derwent College Band 2 catered shared bathroom-Just wondering stuff

So i have to be sharing 2 toilets and showers between 10 people. Anyone who has been in this position please tell me how you made this work and any tips and what to expect with stuff like hygiene thanks :smile:
So I shared 3 toilets and 3 showers between 14 and it was honestly not too bad, as they’re all cleaned pretty regularly by the cleaners.

I’d recommend flip flops for the shower, it can just feel that bit more hygienic.

Keep bleach next to the toilets do you can clean them if they need it between the cleaners coming, and always have your own loo roll in case it runs out!
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
So I shared 3 toilets and 3 showers between 14 and it was honestly not too bad, as they’re all cleaned pretty regularly by the cleaners.

I’d recommend flip flops for the shower, it can just feel that bit more hygienic.

Keep bleach next to the toilets do you can clean them if they need it between the cleaners coming, and always have your own loo roll in case it runs out!

Thank you so much!! did you find yourself waiting waiting to use them often?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much!! did you find yourself waiting waiting to use them often?

I think maybe a few times but definitely not often - everyone has different schedules so are in and out the flat at different times, meaning they need to use the toilets and showers as different times so generally I found there wasn’t much waiting at all :smile:
Reply 4
I was also assigned to this option
Although I haven't lived in yet
But I still want an ensuit room, even self-catered
Once I become a sophomore, I think I need to choose my next year's room as soon as possible
I applied for the dormitory only three days before the dormitory-selection deadline
Such a painful lesson
Looks like we're going to be neighbors this year

Quick Reply

Latest