The Student Room Group

a weak CV

hey i wanna write a good CV but the reality is i have no uni qualification i just make it at second year at uni then i quite looking for jobs in i only worked as a part time job for years in a different workshops

so is it possible to make it without uni qualification. i know that a cv without a uni diploma is worthless
No it's not worthless. You have part time experience which is something.

You went to uni for 2 years? I know you quit, but did you end up with any qualification at all?
Reply 2
A CV is to sell what you can offer for a particular job, tailored as best you can to the add and job requirements, to get an interview. So if the stated requirement is for a degree you will be at a disadvantage. But there are many jobs that don’t need degrees and also opportunities to progress when you get in to an organisation. So exploit what you have got in your CV. Get some help from a careers advice service too.
Reply 3
Original post by chelseafan
No it's not worthless. You have part time experience which is something.

You went to uni for 2 years? I know you quit, but did you end up with any qualification at all?

nah i didnt it is more academic
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
A CV is to sell what you can offer for a particular job, tailored as best you can to the add and job requirements, to get an interview. So if the stated requirement is for a degree you will be at a disadvantage. But there are many jobs that don’t need degrees and also opportunities to progress when you get in to an organisation. So exploit what you have got in your CV. Get some help from a careers advice service too.

yeah mate there are many jobs that don't need a degree.let's say I want to work in a business company is it possible to ask for apprentice so I could to be to recrejyed inside the company .my point js how to tell I'm looking for a such opportunity
Reply 5
Companies advertise their apprenticeship programs and you can apply. It’s a good route since typically they are looking for bright people with school leavers qualifications to invest in. You need a bit of help, search out some professional careers advice. Try a uni service if you have access, job centre or National Careers Advice, check out their website. NCA helped me with potential job roles and to rewrite my CV. It’s available on line, by phone and at least pre COVID face to face too. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending