The Student Room Group
Reply 1
UCAS wants it to be 47 lines so that sounds good to me! :smile:
Reply 2
Do a character count (including spaces)
Reply 3
max 4000 characters i think
Reply 4
why don't you put it in the preview section of ucas apply and find out?
Reply 5
The word limit is 4000 and something words and 47 lines.

Like Dijobla said, try putting it through UCAS, if its too long it won't go through. That's how i did mine
Reply 6
The_Fez
The word limit is 4000 and something words and 47 lines.

Like Dijobla said, try putting it through UCAS, if its too long it won't go through. That's how i did mine

The character limit is 4000.
Reply 7
Of course it isn't. The real questions is, Is it any good ?
Reply 8
Mine was 43 lines - with double spaced paragraphs. Got me all my offers. Sounds fine to me. Remember, it's quality not quantity. :biggrin:
so how big does the margin indent have to be? because if it has a smaller margin there will be less lines
Reply 10
I have to say I used up almost all the characters available - but it is definitely quality over quantity and if you think you have a good PS then 43 lines will be fine.
Reply 11
.X.alysha.X.
so how big does the margin indent have to be? because if it has a smaller margin there will be less lines

This is the problem with writing the statement in MS Word and then putting it through UCAS. There are no margins as such, just a text box. But one line in Word could be 2 lines or half a line on the UCAS site, depending on your page setup in Word.

My best piece of advice is to write the statement on UCAS. You can save it on the website and come back to it later, remember it won't get sent off until your ready.
The_Fez
This is the problem with writing the statement in MS Word and then putting it through UCAS. There are no margins as such, just a text box. But one line in Word could be 2 lines or half a line on the UCAS site, depending on your page setup in Word.

My best piece of advice is to write the statement on UCAS. You can save it on the website and come back to it later, remember it won't get sent off until your ready.

thanks
Reply 13
The_Fez

I guess that is ok if you are almost finished. I mean I would be worried about my web browser crashing and lossing all my hard work!!
Reply 14
Paulwhy
I guess that is ok if you are almost finished. I mean I would be worried about my web browser crashing and lossing all my hard work!!

Then every couple of minutes, copy and paste it into a Word document and save it. It would actually be safer to store a copy on the UCAS server as they are less likely to break down then any home / school computer.
But yes you can just leave it until you are towards the end of the statement if you want.

Latest

Trending

Trending