The Student Room Group

Access course for health science

Hi,
Is anyone experienced with access course assessment essay.
Original post by Elis Elis
Hi,
Is anyone experienced with access course assessment essay.

Not sure what this question is asking.

I have done an Access course in science. If this is relevant, let me know.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
Not sure what this question is asking.

I have done an Access course in science. If this is relevant, let me know.

Hi,
Thank you for message. I have received assessment day email for college for access to health science. They will assess who want to apply. My question is which kind off assessment essay they want us to write. I just want make an opinion about that if you know.
Thank you.
Original post by Elis Elis
Hi,
Thank you for message. I have received assessment day email for college for access to health science. They will assess who want to apply. My question is which kind off assessment essay they want us to write. I just want make an opinion about that if you know.
Thank you.

When I applied for my Access course, they didn't have any specific assessment essay per se.

What they did ask us to do is to write a 500 word essay on a particular topic to assess our writing ability. I am not sure if this is what they are referring to, but if it is it shouldn't be something you should worry too much if you have a higher tier GCSE English Language writing ability.
They aren't specifically asking for a Pulitzer Prize winning essay, as much as seeing how well you can write. I personally went overkill on mine and did an academic essay on the philosophy and outlook on the topic. My coursemates on the other hand were writing in a style similar to that of primary school students.

If you are worried about it, I recommend spending some time refining your writing style and doing sample essays for questions that you expect to see in higher tier GCSE papers.
Reply 4
Original post by MindMax2000
When I applied for my Access course, they didn't have any specific assessment essay per se.

What they did ask us to do is to write a 500 word essay on a particular topic to assess our writing ability. I am not sure if this is what they are referring to, but if it is it shouldn't be something you should worry too much if you have a higher tier GCSE English Language writing ability.
They aren't specifically asking for a Pulitzer Prize winning essay, as much as seeing how well you can write. I personally went overkill on mine and did an academic essay on the philosophy and outlook on the topic. My coursemates on the other hand were writing in a style similar to that of primary school students.

If you are worried about it, I recommend spending some time refining your writing style and doing sample essays for questions that you expect to see in higher tier GCSE papers.

Thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest