The Student Room Group

I get upset seeing people eat meat

I'm a vegan and it really upsets me that so many people still eat meat, anyone else get upset by this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What can they do?
Well that’s your choice that u don’t eat meat and u should respect that other people don’t want to think the same as u and want to eat meat. People that are vegan are actually much unhealthier and have more health issues tbh, it’s not really saving the world is it ?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Geraldthegoat
Well that’s your choice that u don’t eat meat and u should respect that other people don’t want to think the same as u and want to eat meat. People that are vegan are actually much unhealthier and have more health issues tbh, it’s not really saving the world is it ?

It would help if more people went vegan meat is bad for the environment
Original post by Anonymous

Not entirely true, u need to do some research
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm a vegan and it really upsets me that so many people still eat meat, anyone else get upset by this?

This may sound harsh but you seriously need to get over yourself. Most of the reasons people hate vegans is bc of stuff like that.

If it “upsets you” maybe you should stop going out to eat/eating with friends? That way non-vegans prob alt won’t have to put up with preaching and you won’t get upset watching other people eat what they want it’s a win/win
It’s more upsetting that you’re missing out on fried chicken or a nice roast beef steak.
Reply 7
Vegans when they get preachy annoy people.

Edit: 2 years on and now I'm vegetarian so seeing this pop up was amusing.
(edited 1 year ago)
I get how you feel but people are eating less meat and dairy so much so that many farms will have to shut in the coming decades. We are making changes and it doesn't need everyone to give up meat to make a change, plus some people have to eat meat for an illness they may have.
It’s their choice - you should respect that
I’m also vegan and used to have this problem but living in a family full of meat eaters I eventually just accepted it. I would say it’s better to try and keep your eyes on them rather than their food but if you try and confront them on how their eating habits offend you you’ll likely end up pushing them further away from veganism. If you still live with your family maybe suggest that you cook dinner for all of them one day a week or however often as this is something that could encourage them to at least reduce their meat intake. Another vital thing is to present them with the knowledge. I know that I personally get a lot of questions from people asking why I’m vegan. This is a perfect opportunity to give a voice to the animals. You could also recommend some documentaries that are easily accessible on Netflix. “Cowspiracy” if you feel they’d be better convinced by the environmental benefits; “What The Health” and “The Game Changers” if health is more of their priority. It may be useful for you to watch any you haven’t too so you can share the information with others when it’s appropriate. I know so many who have changed their diet due to watching one of the documentaries listed above so they really are powerful. One thing I always stand by is that once they know all the information about the realities of the meat/dairy industry and still decide to continue eating meat then that is completely their decision. They have a right to knowledge but they also have a right to choose to ignore it. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Mustafa0605
It’s more upsetting that you’re missing out on fried chicken or a nice roast beef steak.

No it's not I find it upsetting that people still enjoy this

I agree with you but it's their choice. Just like people who drive cars (or use any transport), heat their homes using energy, and use electric (which anyone who is posting on here uses) is bad for the environment. I know energy can be renewable but you could say the energy and materials used to set up things like windturbines is a waste and we just shouldn't use any electricity/fuel? :tongue:
No it's not I find it upsetting that people still enjoy this

You’re going be dead and 6 feet under ground in ~70 years time and it is upsetting this is how you live your life. I’m sure future generations can adapt to any environmental changes in the future. If oil and gas runs low, there’s many energy alternatives that will naturally replace oil and gas because when it starts to be more rare, it eventually becomes more expensive to find and extract it and thus financially unviable for general energy use.
I know how you feel, watching people eat Coleslaw grosses me right out. I keep writing letters to Big Coleslaw demanding they stop but they haven't yet.
Reply 15
Original post by StriderHort
I know how you feel, watching people eat Coleslaw grosses me right out. I keep writing letters to Big Coleslaw demanding they stop but they haven't yet.

Why would you even speak the name 🤢
i really want to upload a video but i dont want to upset op
op, can i upload it?
Original post by StriderHort

ewww you should spoiler this :emo:
Vegan here, and honestly you are just going to have to get over yourself . Not to be too harsh or anything.
Fair enough if you are cooking for them and they expect a steak or something, but honestly if you are in a restaurant and they order a meat/dairy based dish, well you shouldn't judge them, nor should they judge you. I guess if you are close with someone who eats (and I stress this word) excessive amounts of meat and dairy, you can encourage them to reduce their intake by eating a plant based meal, or even a vegetarian meal once a week :smile:
lmao im non veg and I get upset that I still eat meat. altho im trying to change tho. the plan is to be be vegetarian by 25 max.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending