The Student Room Group

I get upset seeing people eat meat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StriderHort
I know how you feel, watching people eat Coleslaw grosses me right out. I keep writing letters to Big Coleslaw demanding they stop but they haven't yet.

coleslaw is fricking amazing
Yes, completely. Being vegan feels like seeing things no one else can see. It's dead bodies! I find it very upsetting as well.
I get upset that people don't eat meat. They are missing out.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a vegan and it really upsets me that so many people still eat meat, anyone else get upset by this?

Just ignore them then you dumb ass
I find it funny that people get annoyed by vegans who just tell the truth. I mean I agree that some are super into your face and downright force their opinions on you. but most vegans ive seen just tell the truth and like im non veg and I accept it that I am indirectly contributing to a very cruel industry and choosing to let animals suffer for my tastebuds and yes I have to change and I will. but I feel like its just wrong when people are like im gonna meat coz its yummy and I dont care about the planet blah blah. this is a debate we can't agree to disagree about.
Original post by Mustafa0605
It’s more upsetting that you’re missing out on fried chicken or a nice roast beef steak.

Dammit, now I want fried chicken more than anything
Original post by Bagarigak
Dammit, now I want fried chicken more than anything

Enjoy

EC1A47DC-3BF7-479D-A105-6F861EFA5B0E.jpg.jpeg
Enjoy

:argh:
I'm a vegan and it really upsets me that so many people still eat meat, anyone else get upset by this?

At the end of the day, it's everyone's individual choice as to whether or not they eat meat. The way that you should be respected for being vegan you should respect others for eating what they want. It may be upsetting to you but if it's keeping people happy and eating then let it be as it's not directly being slaughtered in front of you.
I went through an eating disorder for six years and if you point these things out to people it only makes it worse.
Reply 29
Enjoy

I was wondering how long it would be before some fried chicken arrived in the thread.
Reply 30
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
i really want to upload a video but i dont want to upset op
op, can i upload it?

Lmfao, do it :rofl:

Don't forget the ASMR sounds for OP
I agree with you

but sorry I read that as Philadelphia as 8n the food
I find it more gross than upsetting, especially when they're eating really cheap, processed meats like spam, tinned meatballs, gristly burgers, "Billy Bear meat" etc. :yucky:
if you do not like the idea of fried chicken then try this instead:

ptarmiganbucket.jpg
:troll:
I get both side of the argument but I will not stop eating meat and it's my choice. If you want to eat your vegan stuff I will be respectful of your choice, and expect you to be tolerant of mine.

If you don't like it and advocate militant behaviour (trust me I have come across a few militant vegans), may be you should look at changing your attitude towards your own species alongside your love for others and environmental sustainability.

Just my 2 pences. 😁
(edited 3 years ago)
I think I must be the only long term vegan who looks at fried chicken and actually craves it :colondollar:
Reply 37
I get that that is part of your moral beliefs but what would be the point in breeding animals if we don't eat them? Yes we use cows for milk and sheep for wool but it would not be beneficial for the economy if we didn't.

Additionally, people are omnivores and not eating meat would not improve health or lifestyle. Every organism has a place in the ecosystem and food change. The entire animal kingdom revolves around one species hunting another. So saying that you are upset about seeing others eat meat is ridiculous because it is in human nature to. My first thought was deal with it because it isn't going to change any time soon.

I am a vegetarian and don't eat meat but I don't care if others do as long as they don't try to make me eat it. I respect their choices and in turn I expect them to respect mine.

The only thing you can do is just ignore them. You can't expect everyone to just stop eating meat because you don't like seeing people eat it.
Original post by TheAnxiousSloth
I find it more gross than upsetting, especially when they're eating really cheap, processed meats like spam, tinned meatballs, gristly burgers, "Billy Bear meat" etc. :yucky:

Spam is actually quite pricey for some reason.. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending