The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Imperial, because I said so.
The Times website has some good figures. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html

It says Oxford is the best for medicine, but I personally think thats rubbish. It has great facilities, great students etc, but it seems to theory based, that I can't see how its that good. The new med schools aren't on there yet because there haven't been any graduates yet. I think the best mel school in England is Peninsula Med School, but I say that because it's all so new and shiny, and there is a lot of patient contact etc. Different med schools are good for different things. I personally think the more practical med schools are the best ones but everyone has their own preferences.

I have applied to do Medicine in 2004, and I put down Peninsula, Brighton/Sussex, Wales college of Medicine, Southampton. Those were my favourite 4 from all the open days I went to. But the London ones are all really good, I just didnt want to study in London.
Reply 3
Unregistered
Can anyone offer a bit of help here?

Thanks

braford uni is 1 of the best unis for pharacy and medicine
Reply 4
Mr White
Imperial, because I said so.

Hahaha.
Reply 5
Bigcnee
Hahaha.

bradford uni is great for medicne
Reply 6
haha
bradford uni is great for medicne

Yes, it is truly one of the great institutions of British learning.
Reply 7
Mr White
Yes, it is truly one of the great institutions of British learning.

I THINK SO AS WELL
Reply 8
HAHAHA
I THINK SO AS WELL

You're demented.
Reply 9
Mr White
You're demented.

AND UR NOT
HAHAHAHA
U MUST BE JOKING
Reply 10
HAHAHA
AND UR NOT
HAHAHAHA
U MUST BE JOKING

Very excitable, aren't you?
Reply 11
Mr White
Reply 12
Mr White

u r soooo sad
i cant believe u got 11A*s
Unregistered

doesn't even teach medicine
Reply 14
come on ppl......there is no such thing as a GOOD uni that does med!!
A good Uni to YOU is one where the course structure and style of teaching suits YOU!!! For example, many may regard Oxbridge as being the 'best' Uni, but only if they float your boat. I don't think they are the best, simply because their teaching style doesnt appeal to me. Someone may think that Manchester is the 'best', yea- cos the course etc suits them!!!

The best Uni is a matter of opinion. You can only decide for yourself which is the best Uni by researching and finding out stuff about that particular institution.
Reply 15
Medicine is taught very differently - some very traditional, some intergrated throughout, some very PBL etc...

All types have their own merits and disadvantages - depends what you feel confortable with. I chose a London one cos it was very intergrated and I chose Imperial specifically cos it still taught a lot of theory/science.
Reply 16
Various medical schools take different approaches: traditional pre-clinical/clinical, PBL or whatever. Some medical schools have a regional bias and it is difficult to get in from outside the area. Medicine is one subject in which it is arguable if Oxbridge has any edge. Indeed I believe Cambridge cannot accommodate all of its students for the clinical part of the course and some go to the London teaching hospitals or (shock/horror) Oxford!!! St Andrew's students all go to Manchester for their clinical training after three years at the University.
Reply 17
I would say the best medical school in the country is Newcastle. They have the best course, the best facilities and one of the best reputations.
Reply 18
Unregistered

There is no me3dical school at Bradford you nit
Reply 19
i think its imperial

Latest