The Student Room Group

Feeling strong regret after submitting ucas. How can I help myself?

I know I won't get into Oxford and I lost futher 2 months to edit my PS. I hate it. It's not my will initially to apply to Oxford but my mother's (and she is frauded). What can I do to help myself?😭 I'm also stressed for the written work I have to submit for my major. I'm not educated in English and I've never taught how to write academic essay at school. Any advice to tackle this?
Original post by Anonymous
I know I won't get into Oxford and I lost futher 2 months to edit my PS. I hate it. It's not my will initially to apply to Oxford but my mother's (and she is frauded). What can I do to help myself?😭 I'm also stressed for the written work I have to submit for my major. I'm not educated in English and I've never taught how to write academic essay at school. Any advice to tackle this?

Go to the uni you want to go to. It's your education not your mother's. I don't know what uni you'll go to but in the uk Unis should have learning mentors, academic mentors that you can see to help with written work and you can take English classes to improve your English. While I was at uni I had an international friend and she used to see someone to learn English because she wasn't fluent but I could understand most of what she said and she had help for any written work. You can ask the uni you want to go to what help is available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending