The Student Room Group

Mum lying about my qualifications to her friends

I just feel inadequate overall. I didn't do well in my gcses and got quite bad grades and failed a few gcses, and I'm currently resitting them and then my mum goes and tells her friends that I have got really high grades the other day which I haven't obviously and it just leaves me feeling like I'm not good enough and all my efforts are for nothing. I just don't get the point of her lying about what I achieved, it's like its for an ego boost to show off about my fake accomplishments to them when it isn't true. I'm just getting depressed about the entire situation and feel worse about myself.
I cannot judge or comment about your mom’s behaviour, but you do not need to get depressed yourself as that is not your fault. I also failed my IGCSEs(I’m international student), but you still get the chance to re-sit (which is lucky as my school does not even tell us about the existence of re-sit exams) and I believe that you can do well in them. No worries if you really work hard for that—that is literally the most important thing. Maybe it would work to have a conversation with your mom, I guess. Bless you : )
Speak to your mum about how you feel. She might know the affect it is having on you.
deffo a south asian parent trait
Original post by noturhabibti
deffo a south asian parent trait

How did you work that out?
Original post by Kutie Karen
How did you work that out?

because its often south asian parents that want to make sure that their children are high achievers even if they're not, so if it means lying about grades etc. they will do it

Spoiler

Original post by noturhabibti
because its often south asian parents that want to make sure that their children are high achievers even if they're not, so if it means lying about grades etc. they will do it

Spoiler

oh i see.
Original post by Kutie Karen
oh i see.

yes karen :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending