The Student Room Group

Applying for jobs

What is the worst thing about applying for jobs through jobsites like Indeed?
Original post by RajaKA123
What is the worst thing about applying for jobs through jobsites like Indeed?

I've just recently been job-hunting, and one thing I hated about Indeed was I would filter specifically for jobs in my location, or working from home, or some other specific filter, and it would still bring up unrelated jobs. Like some employers would put that their job was just "in the UK" when really it was based in an office in a very specific place, which obviously isn't helpful. Or companies who ticked all the boxes e.g. "Monday-Friday, no weekends, weekends only, weekends, no overtime, overtime". Made it very unclear. Or jobs saying "working from home, but you will be on a train travelling 90% of the time". Job adverts are often quite inaccurate on sites like those unfortunately. Oh, also, jobs that would say "no experience needed, we will train you", only for you to then start filling out the application and it says "you must have this experience for the role." Wasted quite a bit of my time on applications like that.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
I've just recently been job-hunting, and one thing I hated about Indeed was I would filter specifically for jobs in my location, or working from home, or some other specific filter, and it would still bring up unrelated jobs. Like some employers would put that their job was just "in the UK" when really it was based in an office in a very specific place, which obviously isn't helpful. Or companies who ticked all the boxes e.g. "Monday-Friday, no weekends, weekends only, weekends, no overtime, overtime". Made it very unclear. Or jobs saying "working from home, but you will be on a train travelling 90% of the time". Job adverts are often quite inaccurate on sites like those unfortunately. Oh, also, jobs that would say "no experience needed, we will train you", only for you to then start filling out the application and it says "you must have this experience for the role." Wasted quite a bit of my time on applications like that.

Thank you so much for your feedback. This will help my research in this area. And yeah I sympathise with you on the filters being absolutely useless sometimes if not most of the times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending