The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You could try some tutorials or look at the help menu to see what you can do for the time being.
Reply 2
visit my website and goto the unit 6 area - here you will find serveral access tutorials to get you going. Access is easy to use once you havematered the basics

regards mr j
Reply 3
MRJ, I've found your website very helpful in the past even though i'm studying the Edexcel AVCE, Thanks for the help and materials on there.

But i've just tried going on your website and it doesn't seem to be working, My IE says "Page cannot be displayed" and i'm browsing other websites with no problems?

Thanks AJ

EDIT - Site seems to be working now! Cheers Mr J. I don't suppose you have anymore materials on Unit 5: Systems Analysis? I have an exam in January on it and i'm doing loads of revision for it.
Reply 4
You could always go to a library or buy books. When I was doing my AVCE I frequented book shops and libraries, I ended up with AB. Those who never bought any books or visited libraries did badly.

The access implentation for unit 6 is very easy, but you have to make sure you make sure your data is normalised otherwise you will not get a good grade.

With the AVCE normalisation is the key thing you have to get right. Somthing which many A level computing students seem to ignore.
Reply 5
Yep server was down for a little today whilst i changed a few settings but its now OK and running again. I dont teach unit 5 so unfortunatley dont have any materials however one piece of advice i would give you:

Ensure your pre-release is complete with OCR its worth 30% just for completeing the tasks - unlike all other exams where it is purley to assist with answering questions.

Also ensure you can:
a) draw data flow diagrams,
b) draw entity relationship diagrams

section b questions nearly alwayds include at least one of these to draw from a new scenario given in the exam and nothing to do with the pre-release

regards mr j
Some stuff for unit 5 :-

www.eek2.com/unit5.zip

It might help, it might not.
Reply 7
ignore the last post its somebodies pre-release from a few years back and certainly is not applicable to OCRs unit 5 this year - remember if you try to cheat people are watching. We are not harsh we just want to honour students who try hard and do the work - AVCE is not a slackers qualification to get a AA requires a hell of a lot of work compared to traditional A2's where an exam or three could get you an A
Reply 8
Also, the questions will be completely different from the attachment above.
Reply 9
Hi MrJ, I'm on Edexcel anyway! I achieved 236/300 last year, but my Unit 1: Presenting Information was a pretty good unit and i had done it well. but the moderator thought not.

Also completed the Unit 2 Exam last year, i did considerably well on that. Ahh well the past Unit 5 OCR paper will still help as some of the questions are relative.

Thanks AJ

Latest

Trending

Trending