The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John Accommodation

Hi!
My first choice for university 2021 is YSJ and I was wondering what Accommodation people recommend? I like the look of The Grange (Grange House), City Residence and St John Central but if anybody has any advice it’d be much appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emilyrose_334
Hi!
My first choice for university 2021 is YSJ and I was wondering what Accommodation people recommend? I like the look of The Grange (Grange House), City Residence and St John Central but if anybody has any advice it’d be much appreciated!

Hey! I’m currently at York St. John and I’m living in Grange House. It was my first choice for accommodation and honestly it is such a nice accommodation and I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. If you’d like some more info or photos I’d be happy to give you some! X
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by Emilyrose_334
Hi!

Hello!
First of all, you have a great first choice! :smile:
I know it has been a little while since you posted but I would like to say if you still have any moving or accommodation questions, I am happy to help.
It really depends what you are looking for! To name a few: the Grange is our cheapest option and has shared bathroom or ensuite and even house options. St John Central is much more city central and is only ensuite but it has a very modern and fresh feel. City Residence has recently been renovated and is really close to the university and for a very affordable rent. YSJ even offers university housing if you would like to go straight into a house! You will only be put with freshers so that you can still have that halls and new beginning feel!
I hope that has helped! :h:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by CemXx732
Hey! I’m currently at York St. John and I’m living in Grange House. It was my first choice for accommodation and honestly it is such a nice accommodation and I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. If you’d like some more info or photos I’d be happy to give you some! X

I know this was targeted at the person asking the question but is there any chance I could have more information as its my first choice but can't actually find any images or information about it x
Original post by shipley.jessie
I know this was targeted at the person asking the question but is there any chance I could have more information as its my first choice but can't actually find any images or information about it x

Yeah of course, I’ll dm you ☺️
Original post by shipley.jessie

Hi there @shipley.jessie

I'm Cat and I am a Student Ambassador at YSJ who, during my first year, lived at the Grange. If there is anything I can help you with or any questions you might have, please do let me know and I will do my best to answer them for you!

All the best,
Cat, York St John University Student Ambassador
hi, york st john university is also my first choice but i just dont really know which accomodation to go for, im a bit stuck between st john central and the grange but i just cant seem to chose. especially since there are no pictures or anything

im also going to york st john, the grange accomodation llooks affordable but there isnt any pictures, especially for the one that says it is an ensuite, do you perhaps live in that one and if so would you reccomend it
Original post by pires.gabi
hi, york st john university is also my first choice but i just dont really know which accomodation to go for, im a bit stuck between st john central and the grange but i just cant seem to chose. especially since there are no pictures or anything

Hey! I’m at the grange and it’s a lovely area. At John central is definitely the social and partying tower block but I’m unsure what the rooms are like. I’m at grange house which is lovely, and know a bit about the other places but if you need anything I can try to help!
Hey! I’m at the grange and it’s a lovely area. At John central is definitely the social and partying tower block but I’m unsure what the rooms are like. I’m at grange house which is lovely, and know a bit about the other places but if you need anything I can try to help!

thank you so much for replying, um which grange are you in because there seems to be a few and one of them says to have an en suite, which would be ideal for me cus the idea of sharing a bathroom with guys seems gross, but like theres no pictures or videos of this en suite room in the grange so i dont know if its real or not haha
im also going to york st john, the grange accomodation llooks affordable but there isnt any pictures, especially for the one that says it is an ensuite, do you perhaps live in that one and if so would you reccomend it

Hey! Yeah I can dm you about it!
Hey! Yeah I can dm you about it!

yes please
thank you so much for replying, um which grange are you in because there seems to be a few and one of them says to have an en suite, which would be ideal for me cus the idea of sharing a bathroom with guys seems gross, but like theres no pictures or videos of this en suite room in the grange so i dont know if its real or not haha

I’ve sent you a private message!

i know, im trying to reply but this website/app is extremely buggy and wont let me answer

if you have any socials i could message you on can you send them through private message and i will message you on your socials?
i know, im trying to reply but this website/app is extremely buggy and wont let me answer

Ah that’s so annoying. I’ve attached some photos of what my room in Grange house is like. I’ve got an en-suite option and a single bed room but there are double bed options, as well as a communal bathroom option for grange house. My bathroom is a good size with a toilet, sink, under sink storage and a shower. By room is also a good size with lots of storage. We have a communal area too for our flat which has 4 comfy chairs, a dining table and chairs and quite a decent size kitchen with lots of storage too. Anything else you want to know and I can answer :smile: 6A63BF8C-0E0A-4DE0-B8CC-D1E354373766.jpg.jpegEFEDF8DB-F3F5-44D8-A05F-D9F59DEBB205.jpg.jpegEFEDF8DB-F3F5-44D8-A05F-D9F59DEBB205.jpg.jpeg
Reply 16

I’m having the exact same issue 😅 I know some of the grange has been refurbished just not sure about the en-suite ones
Original post by Mildasx
I’m having the exact same issue 😅 I know some of the grange has been refurbished just not sure about the en-suite ones

Hello all,

I have seen that several of you seem to be having problems with accessing photos of some of our accommodation sites, I'm sorry for this and have passed on the feedback to my manager who hopefully might be able to pass it on to the accommodation team.

Thank you to @CemXx732 for providing some photos.

For those seeking images of The Grange, there are video tours of St Mary's House, Welch House and Baldwin House available here; The Grange at YSJ

I
have also seen some of you are seeking ensuite rooms, while The Grange does offer this, these rooms are only available in St Mary's House or Grange House. Other ensuite rooms are available at City Residents, another accommodation site just behind The Grange. These rooms are more or less the same in look, price and location.

I hope this helps and should anyone have any further questions about our accommodation myself or @Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador) would be more than happy to address them.

All the best,
Cat, York St John University Student Ambassador
Hey, I’m going to York St John and I’ve applied for accommodation for St John Central, and for backup The Grange. Has anyone gotten a reply yet? I haven't received any response on the accommodation hub or through email since I applied back in February. I don't know if theres any dates that replies are going out or if its just any time, so I'm unsure whether to wait a little longer or email the accommodation team as i'm getting a little anxious incase I don't get it sorted before I start uni.
Original post by jaz johnston
Hey, I’m going to York St John and I’ve applied for accommodation for St John Central, and for backup The Grange. Has anyone gotten a reply yet? I haven't received any response on the accommodation hub or through email since I applied back in February. I don't know if theres any dates that replies are going out or if its just any time, so I'm unsure whether to wait a little longer or email the accommodation team as i'm getting a little anxious incase I don't get it sorted before I start uni.

I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure I saw somewhere that we’ll be getting a response by July? I sent a couple emails back and forth between myself and the accommodation team at ysj, and I’m fairly certain that’s what they said :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending