The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

university of hertfordshire parking

HELP!!!
i live in de havilland and im in first year but i need to bring my car down next week for personal (urgent) reasons. however there is no where to park in hatfield!!
all the roads are resident permit holders only and i cannot get a permit from hatfield council because i dont live on off campus accommodation. can anyone suggest any roads nearby or ways of being able to park?? i know asda and the galleria offer parking but the galleria charge a fortune and i will be leaving my car for a few days at a time. also asda have restrictions of 3 hours and i dont want to risk my car being clamped.
please help!! id appreciate any suggestions :smile:
Original post by zmaqs02
HELP!!!
i live in de havilland and im in first year but i need to bring my car down next week for personal (urgent) reasons. however there is no where to park in hatfield!!
all the roads are resident permit holders only and i cannot get a permit from hatfield council because i dont live on off campus accommodation. can anyone suggest any roads nearby or ways of being able to park?? i know asda and the galleria offer parking but the galleria charge a fortune and i will be leaving my car for a few days at a time. also asda have restrictions of 3 hours and i dont want to risk my car being clamped.

pay for a student permit. i live on de hav and i have my car parked in the residential parking section on college lane campus. wht course r u studying and wht flat r u in, u may be in my flat as one of the guys in my flat wants to bring his fiesta to uni :smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
pay for a student permit. i live on de hav and i have my car parked in the residential parking section on college lane campus. wht course r u studying and wht flat r u in, u may be in my flat as one of the guys in my flat wants to bring his fiesta to uni :smile:

I do a priority programme, optometry and I live in Watton. I have tried to get one for college lane but will they give one because I don’t live there? How did you manage to get one? I live with all girls so I don’t think I’m with you :smile:
Original post by zmaqs02
I do a priority programme, optometry and I live in Watton. I have tried to get one for college lane but will they give one because I don’t live there? How did you manage to get one? I live with all girls so I don’t think I’m with you :smile:

im in welwyn flat so your not in my flat :frown:. i filled in a form to get parking. i don't think it matters if u don't live on college lane campus as i live on de hav and i was allowed residents parking. anyways, did u hear about the fireworks that took place on college lane campus on sunday morning\? it made the bbc news! i saw it on the news and they had video footage, i was so shocked!
Original post by zmaqs02
HELP!!!

:frown: Unfortunately as just about everywhere, private car parking for the UH is by sheer weight of numbers becoming very difficult.
I'm not completely conversant with the rules and regs regarding student parking and if the park and ride at Angerland Common allows you to leave your car for anything but a day at a time.
For that you will have to contact the UH itself and/or the UHSU.

However please note as I have mentioned before, about illicit parking on Albatross Way ( the road that runs around the side and back of dH ) between the St Albans Road barriers, Sports Village and the buses and emergency vehicles only sign at the north east end just round the corner.
There have been many incidents òf near misses with buses because of careless driving and parking and inconsiderate parking a year or so ago obstructed an emergency fire tender attending a vehicle fire in Albatross Way. UNO frequently have had at short notice to resort to one direction only serving the de Hav bus stops or missing out de Hav altogether, making it very confusing for students using the buses although they always announce so on their website Twitter feed.
For those who do park there and have been lucky enough to escape a parking ticket- the council who have recently taken over road ownership from the estate developers do spot checks as do the police - make the most of it as there are shortly double yellow lines to be put in place and even more restrictions in adjacent Salisbury Village itself.

As to the buses: some students got on a bus to the rail station I was on today and produced Arriva tickets which are not valid on UNO buses. Speaking to them they understandably were confused, as coming from London where all the buses irrespective of the company contracted to run them work under the TfL umbrella and use the same fare structure. Not so here, although cross bus company tickets 'Intalink Explorers' are available which entitles travel on all Herts buses which ever company runs them ( around Hatfield its UNO, Arriva and Centrebus.)Group tickets also are available as I explained to these girls which if used to their potential offer good value for money.
Hertfordshire County Council have a good travel site called Intalink ( correct spelling), as do both UNO and Arriva which also have their own.
Another point which some students overlook especially those out from London where just about all bus stops are compulsory stops: most except the principal ones in Herts are request only as is stated on the bus stop flags. So make your intentions clear by putting your hand up in good time.
Sorry I can't be more helpful regarding your parking, but hope the above helps.Get back to me if you think I can be of more assistance.

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by UnclePete
:frown: Unfortunately as just about everywhere, private car parking for the UH is by sheer weight of numbers becoming very difficult.
I'm not completely conversant with the rules and regs regarding student parking and if the park and ride at Angerland Common allows you to leave your car for anything but a day at a time.
For that you will have to contact the UH itself and/or the UHSU.

However please note as I have mentioned before, about illicit parking on Albatross Way ( the road that runs around the side and back of dH ) between the St Albans Road barriers, Sports Village and the buses and emergency vehicles only sign at the north east end just round the corner.
There have been many incidents òf near misses with buses because of careless driving and parking and inconsiderate parking a year or so ago obstructed an emergency fire tender attending a vehicle fire in Albatross Way. UNO frequently have had at short notice to resort to one direction only serving the de Hav bus stops or missing out de Hav altogether, making it very confusing for students using the buses although they always announce so on their website Twitter feed.
For those who do park there and have been lucky enough to escape a parking ticket- the council who have recently taken over road ownership from the estate developers do spot checks as do the police - make the most of it as there are shortly double yellow lines to be put in place and even more restrictions in adjacent Salisbury Village itself.

As to the buses: some students got on a bus to the rail station I was on today and produced Arriva tickets which are not valid on UNO buses. Speaking to them they understandably were confused, as coming from London where all the buses irrespective of the company contracted to run them work under the TfL umbrella and use the same fare structure. Not so here, although cross bus company tickets 'Intalink Explorers' are available which entitles travel on all Herts buses which ever company runs them ( around Hatfield its UNO, Arriva and Centrebus.)Group tickets also are available as I explained to these girls which if used to their potential offer good value for money.
Hertfordshire County Council have a good travel site called Intalink ( correct spelling), as do both UNO and Arriva which also have their own.
Another point which some students overlook especially those out from London where just about all bus stops are compulsory stops: most except the principal ones in Herts are request only as is stated on the bus stop flags. So make your intentions clear by putting your hand up in good time.
Sorry I can't be more helpful regarding your parking, but hope the above helps.Get back to me if you think I can be of more assistance.

:frown: Note further to the above:
Because of consistent ongoing inconsiderate parking by the Sports Village and de Hav bus interchange, Uno are now serving this one way (anticlockwise, stops Q and R) only until 31 Dec.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending