The Student Room Group

ARUP - Consultancy Graduate Scheme 2021

Hey I’ve noticed that there isn’t a page for the Arup 2021 graduate schemes so just wanted to make one. I’ve recently passed the online assessments and waiting to hear whats next. Anyone heard anything else or know what the AC is like?

Scroll to see replies

Hey, what did you apply for?
Original post by s_clare8
Hey, what did you apply for?

Helloooo i applied for the operations consultancy scheme. What about you?
Original post by NotUrAverageGrad
Helloooo i applied for the operations consultancy scheme. What about you?

I am yet to apply, but will be applying to the same
Original post by s_clare8
I am yet to apply, but will be applying to the same

Shweet good luck. I attended an online Q&A yday and they said they do not look at the initial pre-application questions u answer before being invited to the situational judgment test. So make sure u smash them out and take a lot of time as those questions depend on whether u go thru to the AC or not. If u pass the online test then they look at the questions you answer
Reply 5
Hey I’ve noticed that there isn’t a page for the Arup 2021 graduate schemes so just wanted to make one. I’ve recently passed the online assessments and waiting to hear whats next. Anyone heard anything else or know what the AC is like?

Hey! I just got the invite to do the online tests. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find them?
Original post by KhaulaB
Hey! I just got the invite to do the online tests. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find them?

Not tooo bad. Nothing like I’ve done before though. Some questions were putting you in the situation of an associate director or a project manager & i was confused as i am a graduate so i have no clue what id do in that situation lol. If I were u id follow ur gut and keep in mine the arup values and ove arups speech :smile:
Reply 7
I've applied and passed the SJT yesteday. I hope it doesn't take too long for them to get back at us. I've read posts from last year and they seemed to take months to get back to people after the SJT and/or AC.
Reply 8
Not tooo bad. Nothing like I’ve done before though. Some questions were putting you in the situation of an associate director or a project manager & i was confused as i am a graduate so i have no clue what id do in that situation lol. If I were u id follow ur gut and keep in mine the arup values and ove arups speech :smile:

How long did it take to do? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by KhaulaB
How long did it take to do? :smile:

I'm not the person you asked, but it took me 1 hr. Apparently it's supposed to take about 30 minutes, but there was 20 questions and I wanted to make sure I read everything properly and thought all of the responses through before I decided which would be the most/least appropriate one.
Reply 10
Original post by Felicis
I'm not the person you asked, but it took me 1 hr. Apparently it's supposed to take about 30 minutes, but there was 20 questions and I wanted to make sure I read everything properly and thought all of the responses through before I decided which would be the most/least appropriate one.

Thank you for your help :smile: I'm quite busy the next few days so I'm trying to find a good time frame to do it in. Does it tell you straight away if you've passed?
Original post by Felicis
I've applied and passed the SJT yesteday. I hope it doesn't take too long for them to get back at us. I've read posts from last year and they seemed to take months to get back to people after the SJT and/or AC.

Lol yeah I’ve read that as well😂thats super annoying. Guess we will hear of an outcome in a couple of months
Reply 12
Original post by KhaulaB
Thank you for your help :smile: I'm quite busy the next few days so I'm trying to find a good time frame to do it in. Does it tell you straight away if you've passed?

I got an email back telling me I've passed the test about 10-15 minutes after I submitted, but that was on Friday during usual working hours. Don't stress too much about it, just prepare about an hour or hour and a half's time for it so you can be relaxed and not feel rushed in any way. :smile:
Reply 13
Lol yeah I’ve read that as well😂thats super annoying. Guess we will hear of an outcome in a couple of months

I know everyone who applies probably feels the same way, but I want/need this job so badly. Seems like there's A LOT of competition though and that's scary 😅 what role did you apply for?
Original post by Felicis
I know everyone who applies probably feels the same way, but I want/need this job so badly. Seems like there's A LOT of competition though and that's scary 😅 what role did you apply for?

u aint the only one!! Ruuuuun me that money & career pls lol na we will both get it!! Speak it into existence!!!!! I applied for operations consulting. What about you?
Reply 15
u aint the only one!! Ruuuuun me that money & career pls lol na we will both get it!! Speak it into existence!!!!! I applied for operations consulting. What about you?

Speak it into existence, love that 😄 my friends told me the same thing haha! I applied for Environmental Consultancy - literally my dream job!
Reply 16
Just did the situational test this morning and have not yet received a response. Should I be worried lol?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by KhaulaB
Just did the situational test this morning and have not yet received a response. Should I be worried lol?

It was on Sunday so they might respond today.
Reply 18
Original post by Felicis
It was on Sunday so they might respond today.

I passed! Got the email this morning :smile:
Reply 19
Hey guys! I am a second year student and wish to join Arup, as it is my dream company! I would like to know any suggestions you can provide regarding cv and what general things they look for in a candidate. Any thing would be greatly appreciated!Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest