The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin Postgraduate Applications 2021

Hello,
I have applied for MSc Economics at TCD and was wondering if anyone has heard back?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 92163
Hello,
I have applied for MSc Economics at TCD and was wondering if anyone has heard back?

I didn't apply of Econ but a different MSc and I heard back in late November.
Reply 2
Original post by roo987
I didn't apply of Econ but a different MSc and I heard back in late November.

Thank you so much for responding! Could you let me know when you applied?
Reply 3
Mid-November. It was a little over 1 week from submitting my application to getting my acceptance.
Reply 4
Original post by roo987
Mid-November. It was a little over 1 week from submitting my application to getting my acceptance.

Congratulations on your offer! I have been waiting for over a month now :frown:
I wouldn't worry about not hearing back in good time. It doesn't really mean anything. Academics are really slow at the best of times, and different departments and courses do things their own way. This is true anywhere you apply. It can be good preparation for getting used to Trinitys infamous administration. lol Also Ireland is in full lockdown and Ireland basically shuts down for a few weeks over Christmas anyway. Also, teaching doesn't start until 1st week of Feb so I'm sure some people aren't fully back to work yet.

I've my application ready to submit (MSc Applied Social Research), just waiting for a referee to come back to work.
Reply 6
Original post by SaxaDeans
I wouldn't worry about not hearing back in good time. It doesn't really mean anything. Academics are really slow at the best of times, and different departments and courses do things their own way. This is true anywhere you apply. It can be good preparation for getting used to Trinitys infamous administration. lol Also Ireland is in full lockdown and Ireland basically shuts down for a few weeks over Christmas anyway. Also, teaching doesn't start until 1st week of Feb so I'm sure some people aren't fully back to work yet.

I've my application ready to submit (MSc Applied Social Research), just waiting for a referee to come back to work.

Thank you for your response!
My application status changed to ‘academic review complete’ 3 days ago, so my fingers are crossed!

Which course have you applied for?
Original post by 92163
Thank you for your response!
My application status changed to ‘academic review complete’ 3 days ago, so my fingers are crossed!

Which course have you applied for?

I'm applying for an MSc in Applied Social Research. I haven't submitted yet, as I have to wait for one of my referees to get back to work to ask them. But I have my application ready to go. If I get in and take up the offer I also hope to continue to a PhD there.
Reply 8
I received an offer for MSc Economics today!
Original post by 92163
I received an offer for MSc Economics today!

Congratulations! I'm sure economics is competitive so well done! How long did they give you to accept your offer?
Reply 10
Congratulations! I'm sure economics is competitive so well done! How long did they give you to accept your offer?

Thank you! They just gave me 20 days to accept.
Reply 11
Original post by ohwell1996
I'm also on academic review complete. Any idea what this means? Feeling nervous.

Four days after this status change, I received an offer!
Finally got my application submitted today!!!!! Now for the agonising wait!!!! lol It wasn't my first choice when starting my UG degree but as time goes by, the college and course is becoming my first choice more and more.
Does anyone know what the all the statuses are on the portal? As in, does it go from "Academic is reviewing application," to "Academic review complete" and then to offer/rejection?
Reply 14
Does anyone know what the all the statuses are on the portal? As in, does it go from "Academic is reviewing application," to "Academic review complete" and then to offer/rejection?

Those are the only two. It turns into conditional/unconditional offer.
Original post by 92163
Those are the only two. It turns into conditional/unconditional offer.

Great thanks! Now I just have to resist the temptation of checking the portal the whole time lol
Reply 16
Hi guys! I was wondering if there is anyone who has received and accepted their offer for the MSc Finance program here.
Out of curiosity, has anyone who's applied to any of the History MPhil programmes heard back yet? There was an issue with processing my application originally, so I submitted it two months ago but it only switched to "academic review complete" three weeks ago. Since then I've gotten a bit antsy, though I figure that if their places were full I would've been rejected by now?
My status has also changed to this. Could you please tell me how long it was before you heard back after it changed?
Original post by theredwoman
Out of curiosity, has anyone who's applied to any of the History MPhil programmes heard back yet? There was an issue with processing my application originally, so I submitted it two months ago but it only switched to "academic review complete" three weeks ago. Since then I've gotten a bit antsy, though I figure that if their places were full I would've been rejected by now?

Have you heard since? Mine says the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending