The Student Room Group

Trinity College Dublin Postgraduate Applications 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mitchie1
My status has also changed to this. Could you please tell me how long it was before you heard back after it changed?

I ended up getting an unconditional offer on May 20th, so nearly two full months after I submitted my application but a bit less than a month (April 21th) from when the issue with my application was resolved. I think that when it changes to "academic review complete", they contact your references (hence the delay with my application), but they'll contact you if they're having trouble getting in touch.

Also don't worry if they take a while getting back to you. Irish unis have been thrown into a bit of a mess because it was announced on the 2nd of June that Leaving Cert (A-Level) results would be delayed from mid-August (their typical non-corona date) to September 3rd. Wouldn't be much of an issue over here, but in Ireland you only apply to uni courses after you get your results, so the earliest date unis could give out offers would be September 6th, throwing almost all the unis out of whack as they were meant to start orientation either that week or the week before. So I imagine there's a lot of scrambling about behind the scenes at the moment, so don't worry too much if they take a bit longer to get back to you!
Original post by theredwoman
I ended up getting an unconditional offer on May 20th, so nearly two full months after I submitted my application but a bit less than a month (April 21th) from when the issue with my application was resolved. I think that when it changes to "academic review complete", they contact your references (hence the delay with my application), but they'll contact you if they're having trouble getting in touch.

Also don't worry if they take a while getting back to you. Irish unis have been thrown into a bit of a mess because it was announced on the 2nd of June that Leaving Cert (A-Level) results would be delayed from mid-August (their typical non-corona date) to September 3rd. Wouldn't be much of an issue over here, but in Ireland you only apply to uni courses after you get your results, so the earliest date unis could give out offers would be September 6th, throwing almost all the unis out of whack as they were meant to start orientation either that week or the week before. So I imagine there's a lot of scrambling about behind the scenes at the moment, so don't worry too much if they take a bit longer to get back to you!

Oh goodness 🙈 thanks. I have a scholarship that I have to use this year so I’m trying to decide if I should apply for a second masters but with trinity you have fill in all your details from scratch. If I heard back soon then I wouldn’t need to (or it would be negative and I would know for sure I would need to). However 2 months after applying would leave it past the other deadline. I’m not sure exactly when it changed to academic review complete but from when I noticed, a month would be the same. Thanks for your reply
Hey I've applied for MSc in International Management on 5th January. I was wondering how long do the TCD take to respond during this month of the year. 10 days since the application..
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Caterpillar Inc
Hey I've applied for MSc in International Management on 5th January. I was wondering how long do the TCD take to respond during this month of the year. 10 days since the application..

I am sure you must have got your decision by now. I applied at the end of January and called for an interview on Feb 24th. Received an offer on first march.
Did you get an offer letter? If yes, when?Mine is showing academic review complete over a week now
Reply 25
Original post by 92163
Four days after this status change, I received an offer!

hi - i know its been a while since you posted this but I'm just wondering what course you applied for that you ended up hearing back from so quickly? thanks :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending