The Student Room Group

Cambridge PBS Interview

Did anyone have their interviews yet? How did you find it?
Reply 1
Original post by Tooshytosay

Hi :smile: I had my interview exactly 8 days ago and it was 100% not what I expected. I applied to Queens and was interviewed by the director of studies and another professor of psychology. The session was only 25 minutes (way too short) and disappointingly didn’t talk about my personal statement, interests, extracurricular activities or reason for applying at all. The questions I was given seemed quite easy if anything and I was generally quite shocked that that was how the interview went. I don’t have high hopes for getting an offer based on that interview though, I couldn’t fit in any supercurricular knowledge anywhere :frown:

How about you? Have you been invited to interview?
Reply 2
Original post by Tooshytosay

My interview was 2 days ago and I was expecting them to ask me some generic questions like reasons for applying but they absolutely did not. Almost both of my interviews were centered on my personal statement (with some expected graphs and PBS questions), so I'm not sure if that's a good thing because I don't feel like I was challenged to go outside my comfort zone.
Reply 3
but it was a sort of fun conversation I suppose, which, idk if it's supposed to be fun
Reply 4
Original post by soapbar
My interview was 2 days ago and I was expecting them to ask me some generic questions like reasons for applying but they absolutely did not. Almost both of my interviews were centered on my personal statement (with some expected graphs and PBS questions), so I'm not sure if that's a good thing because I don't feel like I was challenged to go outside my comfort zone.

Hi, what college did you apply for? I felt exactly the same; my one interview was solely on graphs and I didn’t find it challenging at all. It does have me slightly worried because I am aware that Cambridge look for students who “shine” and I felt I did not have an opportunity to do so :frown: I hope that the questions we were asked do not reflect poorly on us and I wish you good luck in January x
Reply 5
Original post by SL676
Hi :smile: I had my interview exactly 8 days ago and it was 100% not what I expected. I applied to Queens and was interviewed by the director of studies and another professor of psychology. The session was only 25 minutes (way too short) and disappointingly didn’t talk about my personal statement, interests, extracurricular activities or reason for applying at all. The questions I was given seemed quite easy if anything and I was generally quite shocked that that was how the interview went. I don’t have high hopes for getting an offer based on that interview though, I couldn’t fit in any supercurricular knowledge anywhere :frown:

How about you? Have you been invited to interview?

Hey, I agree! I did not expect the questions they were going to ask me at all. It was about 40 minutes long:/ and the scenarios they gave me were not based around graphs or data like everyone else has said so I feel like my answers were so bad compared to everyone elses. I'm sure you did well though, maybe your personal statement was already written so well that they didn't feel the need to question it.
my interview is tomorrow, what questions did you guys get specifically? thank u :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending