The Student Room Group

Cambridge contextual offer

I’m currently in year 12 doing Biology, psychology and sociology. I live in a POLAR4 quintile 2 area however I attend a very high performing sixth form. I have an interest in studying at cambridge uni - specifically hsps or pbs at Girton. does this make me eligible for a contextual offer ? i’m struggling to find any information on their website.
Reply 1
i got 8777777666 at gcse and i’m currently working at A*AB but at this early stage i’m sure i can get this up. I attended and still do attend a state grammar school.
Reply 2
There aren't contextual offers at Cambridge. They will consider contextual information when assessing your application but you won't be made a lower offer like other universities do. Your GCSE grades are looked at in the context of the school you attended for GCSE.
As above:

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/after/contextual-data

"It should be noted that we don’t use contextual data to systematically make conditional offers at lower grades, or to make allowances for a poor academic record. This information is simply intended to provide academic assessors with the fullest possible picture of an applicant, and the context in which their achievements occurred."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending