The Student Room Group

Tips for breaking into Investment Banking

Hello, I’m currently in Year 11 and was wondering what types of things I could be doing at the moment to display my interest in the field. I’ve heard that it’s important for applications into top universities like Oxbridge & LSE to show you’re truly into what you’re applying for so I’m looking to get started on these types of stuff as easy as possible to hopefully be able to obtain internships for top banks like Goldman Sachs / JP Morgan. Thank you!!
Reply 1
early* not easy haha
try the CFA Foundation course, its free
search/sign up to/complete as many insight/experience opportunties as possible.
Original post by kelrasheed
Hello, I’m currently in Year 11 and was wondering what types of things I could be doing at the moment to display my interest in the field. I’ve heard that it’s important for applications into top universities like Oxbridge & LSE to show you’re truly into what you’re applying for so I’m looking to get started on these types of stuff as easy as possible to hopefully be able to obtain internships for top banks like Goldman Sachs / JP Morgan. Thank you!!

Hi @kelrasheed,

It is great that you are starting to think about this early. You might want to take some free on-line courses to develop your knowledge in this subject area to demonstrate your interest (e.g. Coursera) and regularly follow business news (e.g. Financial Times). I am Careers Manager at Warwick Business School and I am currently running an 'Ask me Anything' thread here if you have any further questions related to your career/degree choice: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6995509

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending