The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics Applicants 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

im still waiting too :/ applied mid october

Original post by anonymous17273
is anyone still waiting, I feel like everyone's heard by now for econ, it's worrying
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 381
Original post by Anonymous
are there any people who expected to get into at least ucl for pure econ and ended up getting only into smth like Warwick or whatever? what are you guys gonna do? anyone planning to take a gap year to reapply?

That's exactly my situation, I applied for Cambridge, LSE, UCL, warwick, KCL with 4A*s predicted, 1 achieved A* and EPQ, only got offers from warwick and kings. I am going to firm warwick.
Reply 382
Yeh friend got Warwick but rejected from Oxbridge/LSE/UCL. He's taking Warwick

Congrats to your friend!
Can you tell his/ her prediced grades?
Original post by RADHAT
Congrats to your friend!
Can you tell his/ her prediced grades?

GCSEs 11A*, Predicted 4A*
Original post by _Jonneh_
Hey, I am applying for BSc Economics 2021!
- A levels: Maths, Economics, Spanish; Predicted A*AA
- GCSEs: 9999888888 and B in Further Maths
- Other unis: UCL (conditional offer), Warwick, Bath (conditional offer), Nottingham (conditional offer)
- Home student

*Edit: Misread title*

do u have any alevel maths tips pleaseeeee i need an A, also what did u get in ur maths gcse xx
do u have any alevel maths tips pleaseeeee i need an A, also what did u get in ur maths gcse xx

I'm surprised you found this thread lol, but sure:
- Practice a lot, do everything you can but don't go through past papers until closer to your exam time (you don't wanna burn out or exhaust all the available material too early), use your textbook or websites like ExamSolutions to find loads of questions.
- Stop your teacher when you don't get something in lessons and ask them every question and concern you have, they can explain things in different ways or do demonstrations for you if you get stuck; if you find this too hard for any reason then you could also find a private tutor.
- Take a break when you can't get through a certain question, don't go straight to the answers and correct it, go through more questions and come back to it later. You learn better when you face the challenges of understanding questions without seeing the answer first.

And for my GCSE, I got an 8 in Maths :smile:
Original post by _Jonneh_
I'm surprised you found this thread lol, but sure:
- Practice a lot, do everything you can but don't go through past papers until closer to your exam time (you don't wanna burn out or exhaust all the available material too early), use your textbook or websites like ExamSolutions to find loads of questions.
- Stop your teacher when you don't get something in lessons and ask them every question and concern you have, they can explain things in different ways or do demonstrations for you if you get stuck; if you find this too hard for any reason then you could also find a private tutor.
- Take a break when you can't get through a certain question, don't go straight to the answers and correct it, go through more questions and come back to it later. You learn better when you face the challenges of understanding questions without seeing the answer first.

And for my GCSE, I got an 8 in Maths :smile:

thank you sooo much!!!!! ur acc so smart wtf an 8 and an A... thank u so much x
thank you sooo much!!!!! ur acc so smart wtf an 8 and an A... thank u so much x

Haha thanks but I'm not so smart compared to a lot of the people you'd find on this thread; I put in so so much work for my A level Maths grade last year

i was getting Cs in year 12 and 13, and managed to finally achieve an a* ! to improve the best method is make sure you understand the content(clear notes) and then practice super hard ( i did all the questions in the school textbook + all the questions on physicsmathstutor's website). hope this helps :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 389
Hey, I am applying for BSc Economics 2021!
- A levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics; Predicted A*A*A*A* + EPQ (A*)
- GCSEs: 9999999999 (10 9's)
- Other unis: UCL(conditional offer), Warwick(conditional offer), Bath(condition offer) and Cambridge
-Home Student

Ur a levels are the exact same as mine, did u get in :0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending